Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
First American Exchange is a 1031 exchange intermediary that is a wholly owned subsidiary of First American Title Insurance Company, one of the largest title insurers in the nation. Both First American Exchange and First American Title Insurance Company are owned by The First American Corporation (NYSE: FAF), which traces its history to 1889. First American Exchange provides comprehensive 1031 tax deferral services to business owners and real estate investors in connection with the sale and acquisition of investment property. For more information, visit www.firstexchange.com.
This position plans and executes strategic activities and projects that directly support the implementation and optimization of efforts to grow segment-specific sales/revenue/profit/market share.
- Sells 1031 exchange services to the residential and commercial real estate community through networking and sales activities.
- Conducts market research. Analyzes and develops distribution channel.
- Travels throughout assigned territory of Texas and Oklahoma to call on existing and prospective customers.
- Conducts presentations in front of major offices and industry trade associations, demonstrating First American Exchange services.
- Prepares reports for business efforts to track progress on client development.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Must possess thorough knowledge of 1031 exchanges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage priorities as well as effective time management.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong client service skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Real Estate, Law Degree preferred.
Typical Range of Experience
- 3-5 years directly related experience in 1031 exchanges, real estate, and/or sales.
License or Certification
- Valid driver’s license.
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.