Summary:Heartland is seeking to build and grow a world-class Business Development team as a strategic part of our fast-growing sales organization. This team is responsible for positioning our products and services to the markets we serve and delivering highly qualified leads to our inside and outside sales teams.
As a Heartland Business Development Representative (BDR), it is your role to seek new business opportunities by engaging with potential customers as well as creating added value to existing Heartland clients. In your role as a BDR, you are a major driving force for the company’s growth by increasing sales and contributing to the long-term success of Heartland by creating highly qualified opportunities from existing customers.
The most effective BDR is a self-starter, go getter who approaches their work with optimism and a team member. Success is earned by working hard, being thoughtful and embracing creativity. You will be trained, coached and developed as a BDR and, as you perform at a high level, there will be multiple areas to grow into through your career at Heartland, with unlimited earning potential.
- Generate highly predictable sales pipeline growth for the Inside and Outside sales channels by prospecting and creating new value for existing Heartland clients.
- Use advanced tools and technology to identify and capture opportunity.
- Provide and create a world-class customer experience for every business and client you engage with.
- Balance your time and activity efficiently and effectively.
- Live out and embrace the vision and principles that Heartland lives by.
- Be a positive cultivator of Heartland’s rich culture.
- Determination and grit - these traits are not only required in this role but are traits that will propel you to success as a BDR.
- Ability to build trust and value in phone and email engagements.
- Great attention to detail.
- Coachability and the understanding that your leadership is shoulder to shoulder with you to help you develop into the best self that you can be as a professional and person.
- Results oriented and focused on meeting/exceeding performance metrics given to you by your management.
- Have a flexible and adaptable mindset that allows you to handle changes efficiently.
- Preferred: Be familiar with platforms such as Salesforce.com, Outreach.io, and Drift.
- Preferred: Have a history of success in a high-volume sales role.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.