Bill.com is a leading digital business payments company with a network of over 3 million members, managing more than $60 billion annually. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com cloud-based Payment Management Platform automates, simplifies, and controls the payments process, saving more than 50 percent of the time typically spent. Bill.com partners with seven of the leading U.S financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 accounting firms, major accounting software providers including NetSuite, Intacct, QuickBooks and Xero, and is the preferred provider of digital payments solutions for CPA.com, the technology arm of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Winner of more than 70 awards, Bill.com is recognized as one of San Francisco Business Times’ and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “2018 Best Places to Work.”
We are seeking Business Development Representatives to join our growing sales team. You will qualify leads, build relationships with prospective customers, network with partners, and generate new opportunities in Bill.com’s Accountant Channel. Business Development Reps who consistently meet and exceed their sales targets will be considered for exciting career expansion opportunities within our growing organization. This position reports to the Sales Director, Business Development in the Accountant channel.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation or Sales (Accounting background and/or SaaS experience a plus, but not required)
- Proven track record of exceeding high-volume opportunity generation/sales quotas in hyper-growth, goal-focused environments
- Organized and process-oriented while being creative and willing to try new approaches
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Confident, articulate phone presence and written communication skills – ability to initiate discussions with executive-level decision makers
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com and other best-of-breed Sales & Marketing productivity tools
- Experience using social networking tools to help research and connect with target contacts/accounts
- Ability to work full-time from our beautiful Palo Alto headquarters
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy
- Communication – Direct and highly articulate, exceptional writing skills
- Team Player - Good sense of humor, Humble, Competitive, Collaborative
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, self-starting individual. Persistence and tenacity is key for success in this role.
- Organized, ability to multi-task, strong time-management skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability – things move fast around here!
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
Within 30 days of employment
- Develop a deep understanding of the Bill.com product offering, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
- Bill.com product training certification.
- Master Bill.com sales messaging. Internalize and effectively communicate the value proposition to prospective customers.
- Learn the current Bill.com sales and business development tools and processes and understand key metrics for success in your role.
Within 60 days of employment
- Build opportunity pipeline by identifying key decision makers within target accounts using internal sales tools and other publicly available information.
- Initiate and demonstrate ability to create connections with decision makers through outbound calls, email, social forums, and events.
- Use Salesforce.com to build, manage, and maintain all data and intelligence gathered through research and prospect engagement. Track and report all activities and results using Salesforce.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Bill.com products, industry trends, and competition.
Within 90 days of employment
- Meet all sales and performance objectives including daily activity target, monthly meeting, and sales qualified leads quota.
- Represent Bill.com at industry conferences and regional events as needed.
- Stay current on trends in the industry and developments in the Accounting space.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization.
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer