Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our websites at www.Rocket.com
We are seeking a Business Development Professional to provide thought leadership for our U.S. Navy (USN) and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) programs. The incumbent will identify, assess, and shape business development opportunities for Aerojet Rocketdyne in the Department of the Navy (DoN) marketspace.
This role involves significant customer and stakeholder interface to identify, create, and develop new business opportunities across all USN/USMC domains/mission areas (air, sea and subsea). Key customers/stakeholders include the USN, USMC, and prime contractors. The Senior Business Development Specialist is a recognized leader in the company, who has overall responsibility for planning, directing and orchestrating USN-related business development activities. As opportunities materialize, the Senior Specialist will also support AR business unit capture teams as they establish win strategies and partnering teams.
Develops and executes strategies to win new/follow-on business, including, but not limited to:
- Identifying, assessing and shaping business opportunities;
- Creating and managing contact plans, and messaging to customers and stakeholders;
- Conducting competitive analysis;
- Identifying and managing discretionary resources;
- Developing Price-To-Win (Pwin);
- Identifying potential industry teammates;
- Supporting Aerojet Rocketdyne capture team;
- Maintaining continuous and expansive contact with assigned customers;
- Providing Strategic Plan inputs for assigned Defense market segments and customers;
- Participating in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning organizational projects
- Representing the organization in meetings, conferences and workshops, as assigned;
- Leading the planning/execution of USN/USMC-related tradeshows, symposia, and conferences;
- Fostering ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout Aerojet Rocketdyne to ensure the company's ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
This position will be located at our facility in Huntsville, AL, or in Arlington, VA.
These current openings may be filled at this level as posted or one level higher.
35% - Meet and interface with DOD, USN, USMC, and prime contractor representatives.
30% - Oversee development and implementation of business strategies for new programs, products and technologies.
15% - Nominate and monitor associated internally funded discretionary programs, particularly IRAD.
10% - Support development of Aerojet Rocketdyne Technology Roadmap and other internal executive-level plans.
10% - Interface with Aerojet Rocketdyne senior-level management as required.Qualifications
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry or related and minimum of 10 (ten) years of progressively responsible experience in Business Development in the Defense market, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Extensive experience with Defense program diversity ranging from complex development to rate production.
- Ability to direct and control overall organizational resources; considerable initiative, organizational skills; and the ability to drive convergence and resolution to challenges of substantial importance to the Company.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA degree.
- Active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
- Previous experience working with solid rocket motors and/or liquid engine propulsion programs.
- Existing network of propulsion customer relationships within the US Air Force, US Army, US Navy, and DARPA.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.