SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Trains new and experienced employees using Job Breakdown Sheets. Conducts auditing of trained personnel practices and direct methods to align with those standardized on Job Breakdown Sheets. Promotes continuous improvement culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
1. Training Within Industry (TWI)
* Work with TWI Writers to establish the "one best way" to perform a task in order to develop Job Breakdown Sheets (JBS), in partnership with process owners.
* Prioritize tasks to be broken down into JBS, e.g. highest rework or scrap level, longest training ramp up time, etc.
* Partner with process owners to train employees using the Job Breakdown Sheet (JBS), document this training, and maintain training matrixes by department.
* Audit employee compliance to method standardized on Job Breakdown Sheets.
* Communicate with department leadership, management of training needs, training issues, and process concerns.
* Complete training timetables, prepare training sessions, and organize training workspaces for one on one training sessions.
* Ensure procedures are current in Controlled books, working with Document Control for updates, when needed.
* Ensure all personnel are signed off on current procedures.
2. Coordinate activities related to the Merit Business Excellence System (MBES). Plan, schedule and lead continuous improvement activities with cross functional teams.
3. Promote continuous improvement culture.
4. Initiation of initial release / document changes for procedures relevant to all tasks.
5. Other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
* Visual acuity
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
* Chemical vapors
* Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education equivalent to a High School Diploma or Pass Leaving Certificate Standard and two years of related experience.
* Ability to train and develop others.
* Ability to learn and perform all manufacturing, operating, inspection, packaging tasks in order to demonstrate the jobs and train others.
* Ability to provide constructive feedback regarding progress/ improvement.
* Ability to work well with others and pay attention to detail.
* Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team to meet targets/goals efficiently and in a timely manner.
* Excellent oral/written communication and human relation skills.
* Ability to work effectively within a cross functional team.
* Ability to read and understand complex manufacturing and production information, including production drawings, work orders, and related manufacturing and quality specifications.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Flexible and willing to work within changing priorities and promote change.
* Strongly prefer knowledge on the principles of Standard Work or other Lean Programs and its effective implementation.
* Certificate in technical training.
* Writing skills
* Computer skills
* Technical problem solving
* Training skills
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve), and Nights
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month after 30 days)
* No Cost Onsite Dental Clinic | Low Cost Onsite Medical Clinic
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled