Do you enjoy working with financial data? Are you skilled in financial analysis, problem-solving, and have a high attention to detail?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Business/Financial Analyst to help us manage the financial operations of the Force Projection Sector's (FPS) diverse portfolio of projects. You'll be joining a hardworking team of business professionals that strives to provide timely, reliable and valuable business operations support and expertise to our customers. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with internal customers to play an active role in the overall financial success and operational efficiency of our portfolio.
As a Business/Financial Analyst....
- Your primary responsibility will be to prepare, review and analyze financial data related to FPS' direct-sponsored project portfolio, including highlighting trends, identifying anomalies and calculating financial projections.
- You will build, update and submit all monthly financial reports to government sponsors and program managers.
- You will proactively lead the proposal development process by collaborating with resource owners to identify staffing requirements and preparing all basis of estimates (BOEs), resulting in an accurate and fully compliant proposal packages for submission to government sponsors.
- You will perform a broad range of financial operations functions, including leading all efforts related to contract and financial administration and providing sound contractual financial guidance and recommendations for best practices to program managers.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a Business area (e.g. Business Management, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance) with 5 or more years of relevant experience in the areas of financial and cost analysis, contracts and/or proposal preparation
- Have the proven ability to be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Are highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Have an Active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret SCI clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have previous experience in DoD contracting environment
- Have a working knowledge of FAR, CAS and federal pricing procedures
- Have experience with proposal preparation and project financial reporting software
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers .
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.