The position will be accountable for the implementation of the Building Information Model (BIM) on all engineering projects in North America in complete compliance with best practices, quality, safety and environmental requirements, as well as compliance with schedules and costs, also managing external resources. Addresses and solves technical issues related to BIM expertise and by means of own knowledge in order to meet project requirements.
- To implement BIM methodology in renewable energy plants design including but not limited to the definition of the information contented needed for the models, to record and proactive propose acclimatization of the methodology to the local market.
- Act as a liaison for all development of digitalization initiatives within Engineering & Construction group on the behalf of engineering unit.
- Supervise and train field personnel on the implementation and adoption of BIM methods in all renewable plant work sites in North America.
- To ensure the compliance of the informative content of BIM models provided by external consultants and EGP’s Employer Information Requirements.
- To support Construction unit to implement 4D and 5D simulations based on the BIM models provided by Engineering units or external consultants.
- To promote the automation of engineering processes through computational design solutions.
- To manage the model sharing, model checking and clash detection, through collaboration platforms and/or dedicated software.
- To develop and maintain, in collaboration with the Global Digital Solutions department, the GIS data referred to the Engineering unit for knowledge sharing and access of the whole organization.
- To assist with data collection with GIS and field collection with ArcGIS Collector.
- To digitize, create, maintain, display and update GIS databases, coverages, and linkages to various GIS databases.
- To produce accurate maps and other representations of data for team use and field work activity.
- BSc degree in Physics or Civil or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Architecture or Geology.
- Master or Doctorate degree in Geo-information Technology or Sciences.
- 3-5 years of experience in the application of BIM methods in medium/large projects and GIS data management is mandatory.
- Certification as BIM Specialist, Coordinator or Manager or as BIM software user is preferred.
- Experience in executive design of renewable or oil&gas plants is preferred.
- General knowledge of BIM softwares and platforms used (e.g. Revit, Civil 3D, Roads, Infraworks, Navisworks, Allplan Bimplus, Allplan Engineering, Solibri Model Checker, BIM360, Trimble Connect).
- Being proficient with Esri ArcGIS with extensions Network Analyst, 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst.
- General knowledge of computational design tools (Dynamo, Grasshopper) is appreciated.
- Knowledge of tools for project planning and management (Project, Primavera)
- Knowledge of Office software package (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Italian and/or Spanish knowledge will be considered a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving individual, with an ability to effectively support and work well with people from different disciplines;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is preferred.Autonomy, proactivity and openness for new technologies learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attitude to communicate results and challenges.
- Highly developed business acumen;
- Up to % of domestic travel and % of international travel.
- A valid driver's license is required
- A clean driving record means in the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident