Business Insights Analyst (3-6 Month Contract)
Santa Clara, CA
The Analytics team is central to Chegg – we use data and analyses to support every business line and the marketing and product organizations. We are a team composed of analysts, data scientists, economists, mathematicians, statisticians, and engineers. Our group is part of the larger data organization at Chegg that focuses on enabling data and insights at scale. We use a world-class set of instrumentation, analysis, and data science technologies to transform our data into insights and then into knowledge. While the analytics group is centralized, we heavily partner with our stakeholders to ensure insights delivered are directly usable for decision making and ultimately adds value to Chegg. In short, we are a diverse team who absolutely love working with data to help Chegg deliver on our Student First mission!
The role: Business Insights Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter Business Insights Analyst to help support the Business Ops team with understanding current performance and supporting modeling of various key Chegg initiatives and partnerships. This person should be able to collate data across multiple data sources to provide meaningful insights into business performance, work with Biz Ops to gather requirements and present performance overview and provide guidance on modeling efforts conducted by the Biz Ops team.
This person will work closely with the Biz Ops team as well as with the analysts and business community. We are looking for someone with exceptional data mining, analytical and visualization skills and excellent communication skills along with the ability to work in on/off-shore model.
- Become a trusted partner who provides expert advice in the usage and interpretation of data.
- Partner with business analysts to understand how data is being used for business models.
- Build and automate dashboards and compelling data visualizations to provide meaningful insights into business performance. Provide support for data analysis.
- Partner with business analysts to create and maintain business metrics documentation for broader usage.
- Ensure the accuracy of the data and dashboards delivered by thoroughly validating the data and assessing the quality of the data. Should be able to identify incomplete data and provide recommendations on improving the data quality.
- 1-3 years of previous experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics and in an enterprise, data-driven environment.
- 1-3 years of experience in data visualization, data analysis, systems analysis, extracting data from multiple sources and transforming into meaningful information and delivering meaningful insights into business performance.
- Experience working in on/offshore development model.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced product company.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent training or work experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, organized, detail oriented and highly responsive when working across multiple teams.
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating recommendations effectively to a broad audience.
- Must have the drive to learn and master new data-access, manipulation and transformation platforms.
- Must have strong SQL skills. Should be comfortable compiling data across multiple data sources
- Good experience with one or more databases like Redshift, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, etc. is required.
- Rich experience working with Excel and BI platforms such as Tableau or DOMO is required.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics/Omniture or Google Analytics is required.
- Hands-on experience working with Python programming is a plus.
- Experience working in cloud environment such as AWS, GCP is a plus.