Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Overview:Support the Business Insights efforts by providing retailer, consumer purchasing and product sales analysis and insights that are used to support the objectives of both Boar’s Head and our retail partners. This support will include, but not be limited to, business review development, and sales forecasting, scorecard and dashboard development, consumer trend analysis, sales tracking, reporting and communication.
- Utilize syndicated, internal and retailer survey and panel data to analyze, develop and recommend sales strategies and programs that can drive sales, profits and market share for Boar’s Head and the retailer.
- Prepare and present, key opportunities, scorecards, category reviews, promotional effectiveness, and competitive analysis to both Boar’s Head and appropriate retailers.
- Provide ongoing assessment and monitoring of the effectiveness of various business tactics by establishing program goals and tracking performance metrics against set goals.
- Identify distribution needs and opportunities for further growth and development.
- Monitor competitive activity and their positioning in the market, including distribution, pricing, promotions/advertising and market penetration.
- Act as Category/Product expert for market insights, trend analysis, competitive activity, and consumer behavior by delivering regular Category reviews to Executive Team.
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation as part of building annual company sales plans.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results as part of updating ongoing company sales forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing programs.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Executive Sales, Marketing, New Products and Operations to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for company forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Perform all and any other tasks assigned by Boar’s Head management personnel.
- Bachelors Degree (in Business Administration, Statistics, Marketing or a closely related field)
- 7-10 years’ experience in the Consumer Products Goods industry in an analytical/category management role required
- Working knowledge of grocery retail DSD operations preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence, or other advanced analytics tool
- Syndicated data software and analysis background preferred
- Advanced skills Microsoft Excel required
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word