Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Develop and sell commercial lines business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop and maintain active expiration list through internal and external sources.
2. Provide immediate follow up on referrals.
3. Make prospecting calls and obtain new accounts.
4. Provide professional risk management advice to prospects and clients.
5. Obtain information for quotations and market account to various insurance carriers with assistance of staff.
6. Work with CSA’s to prepare proposals and present to prospects.
7. Make arrangements with clients to insure premium payment on a timely basis and be responsible for collection.
8. Stay abreast of trends in insurance industry and pursue continuing education.
9. Make follow up calls on insureds to insure client satisfaction with insurance program and insurance needs.
10.Monitor commercial expiration lists.
11.Due to changing business conditions, management may assign additional duties or functions to this position.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. College degree and/or one year experience in commercial lines or equivalent education and related training.
2. State issued agent's license.
3. Sales oriented.
4. Have a thorough knowledge of commercial lines insurance.
5. Documented continuing education.
6. Above average interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
McGriff, Seibels & Williams is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.