Business Intelligence Analyst
Arizona State University
DI Data Analytics
Translate business needs and questions into technical solutions; use Business Intelligence (BI) tools to create report and query objects; provide BI tools support to business users; serves as the liaison between the business organization and the BI technology team.
Depends on experience
- Receives report requests, evaluates requirements, and recommends existing or new solutions.
- Creates reports and data products.
- Assists customers with information needs through understanding of data and metadata content.
- Identifies and assesses potential data sources.
- Elicits requirements using interviews, requirements meetings, surveys, document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
- Assists with prototype creation, coordinates prototype reviews.
- Works with developers/architects to translate requirements into a technical solution.
- Assists with creating and delivering end user training and documentation.
- Works closely and cooperatively with development teams on product design; makes recommendations for change to enhance support and usability.
- Validates that data warehouse meets requirements and service-level agreements.
- Participates in system administration functions including, but not limited to: data validation processes, duplicate resolution processes, system change requests and system integration/user acceptance testing to ensure ongoing integrity and security of data consistent with university policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in a business, information technology or closely related field and two (2) years’ experience in data modeling or database design using SQL or similar language, BI tool use and administration as well as user training/documentation development experience OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience documenting and gathering report requirements
- Experience designing and working with data warehouses
- Experience with dimensional modeling or experience with web design
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Drive University vehicle and/or cart to campus site
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 56835BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=3931500#jobDetails=3931500_5494
To be determined