United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
United Site Services is looking for a dynamic professional of a new Business Intelligence team that is responsible for establishing management reporting capabilities across all functions of the company. The role is responsible for ensuring successful implementation and upkeep of management reporting and Business Intelligence toolset in Tableau for the entire enterprise and will foster and maintain positive relationships with internal customers. This position provides broad functional and technical expertise across multiple business areas, in the analysis, design, development and implementation of business reporting capabilities. You will be working as the in-house subject matter expert for management reporting across all functions, and assist internal customers with new reporting capabilities development, tests, and pilots while identifying ways to streamline delivery of the end product.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Design and develop Tableau architecture and end user experience
- Gather and review business requirements and analyze data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop
- Work closely with business power users to create reports/dashboards using Tableau desktop
- Design and develop various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Create Prompts, Calculated Fields, customize Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards
- Effectively use data blending, filters, actions, and hierarchies feature in Tableau
- Work on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management
- Act as a point of contact for the business owners to submit requirement for feature changes and new development of new reporting capabilities
- Collaborate with IT leadership on roadmap planning to ensure Tableau environment stays in sync with the rest of the IT infrastructure
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 8.x/9.x+
- Hands-on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced GUI development in Tableau
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL queries and stored procedures
- Strong knowledge on Tableau server architecture and building qvds and qvws applying business rules and data validations
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects, especially in scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards
- Comfortable in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Knowledge of formal database architecture and design. Good SQL experience
- Visualization and UX experience