Business Intelligence Analyst
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America’s largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That’s where you come in!
- Design and develop Tableau architecture and end user experience
- Gather and review business requirements and analyze data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop
- Work closely with business power users to create reports/dashboards using Tableau desktop
- Design and develop various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Create Prompts, Calculated Fields, customize Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards
- Effectively use data blending, filters, actions, and hierarchies feature in Tableau
- Work on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management
- Act as a point of contact for the business owners to submit requirement for feature changes and new development of new reporting capabilities
- Collaborate with IT leadership on roadmap planning to ensure Tableau environment stays in sync with the rest of the IT infrastructure
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 8.x/9.x+
- Hands-on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced GUI development in Tableau
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL queries and stored procedures
- Strong knowledge on Tableau server architecture and building qvds and qvws applying business rules and data validations
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects, especially in scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards
- Comfortable in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Knowledge of formal database architecture and design. Good SQL experience
- Visualization and UX experience
What’s in it for you?
At United Site Services, we provide a competitive benefits package, with options for both full and part-time Associates, that lets you live life the way you intend. We offer so much more than a regular paycheck; our benefits package is chalk full of perks such as paid time off, healthcare, 401K matching, employee assistance programs, Life and AD&D insurance and much more!
United Site Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Age, Color, Disability, Gender Identity, Genetics, National Origin, Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, and Retaliation. With over 90 locations across the continental U.S. and over 2,900 dedicated US associates, United Site Services’ workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve. We pride ourselves on being a human-centered company that encourages and appreciates diversity in all its forms – from employees/customers to the communities we do business in. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment shaped by open communications, mutual respect and the free exchange of ideas. All employees are encouraged to reach their full potential by respecting, and contributing to, this environment.