More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
At E*TRADE, data drives all our decision-making. As leader of the Business Intelligence team, you will be leading programs and projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that your solutions deliver high-quality and relevant data to intelligently grow our business. In this capacity you will be responsible for working with key business stakeholders to design and develop data driven insights to inform business and product decisions across the company.
Additionally, you will be responsible for leading, identifying, researching, and resolving complex technical problems with and ensuring that the use of business intelligence enhances our business decision making capabilities. Your technical skills, business acumen and creativity will be essential as you build tools to automate reporting and generate insight that allows your business partners to quickly and accurately see how our business products and processes are performing.
- Lead a team of highly talented data professionals working across a variety of areas.
- Develop the data strategy for several lines of business, partnering closely with finance, product and operational leaders and their teams to understand their data needs, create a roadmap and deliver solutions that fit their evolving needs.
- Partner with Engineering teams to operationalize / scale data solutions to improve E*TRADE's business intelligence and analytical platforms, such as querying, reporting and analytical tools.
- Play an active role in our team's leadership team, taking initiative to execute on our mission, prioritize work, make tradeoffs, manage conflicts and constantly push the team to grow and evolve.
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- 3 years of developing solutions using data tools (Hive, Hadoop, AWS, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in data manipulation using SQL and other scripting languages development experience in designing and delivering data warehousing, business intelligence, and reporting solutions.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating technical teams in high data volume environments; experience managing relationships with executive level stakeholders.
- Experience with analytics projects, including modeling, tuning and productionizing solutions,
- Familiarity with analytics methods/theory (statistics, ML, etc.) and programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in environments with multiple cross functional stakeholders with competing agendas by bringing people together to achieve a common goal.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including expectation setting, education, conflict management, prioritization, etc.
- High level of autonomy and initiative.
- Experience in Finance or Financial Analysis
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.