*Note: This recruitment will remain open until the position is filled. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. It is in the applicant's best interest to submit materials as soon as possible. Next application review will be November 4, 2019. *
This position has been allocated as IT Data Management - Senior/Specialist.
The Office of Financial Management's (OFM) mission is to support and improve government on behalf of all Washingtonians. As an employee of OFM, you will be part of a team of dedicated professionals that works every day to fulfill this mission by providing vital information, fiscal services, policy support and technology services that the Governor, Legislature and state agencies need to serve the people of Washington.
What you will be doingYou will be responsible for creating reporting and business intelligence (BI) analytics strategies and principles to ensure the secure and efficient operation of all OFM Statewide systems. As the BI Architect, you will serve as a senior level developer directing and governing OFM business intelligence solutions to deliver statewide reporting and data visualization solutions by creating agency standards and guidelines. You will also provide technical leadership for statewide enterprise data initiatives that require a business intelligence and analytics solution.
Who we are looking forA senior level expert that can provide technical leadership for high-profile, mission statement critical BI products and projects. A candidate that can apply emerging and evolving technologies to current and future business needs at the enterprise, operational and tactical levels, with the expertise to interact with other state agency staff, project staff and OFM technical staff to enhance and/or develop statewide end-to-end business intelligence solutions that enable organizations to achieve their complex information goals.
Why Work for OFM?
- Dynamic, high-performing agency
- Opportunities to make a positive, statewide impact
- Support for employee growth and development
- Modern work environment
- Mobile and flexible work opportunities
- Infants at Work program
- A commitment to organizational health and wellness
- Work/life balanceDuties
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Design, develop, implement and maintain BI strategy, standards, documentation and methodologies.
- Define data and BI tools standards, including tools for use in data acquisition and preparation.
- Design BI Solutions utilizing MS SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, and PowerPivot, tailoring solutions for management dashboards, financial reporting, and operational business intelligence.
- Configure and optimize BI environments.
- Coordinate the design of data visualization/report development components between members of the development teams.
- Develop, implement and maintain report development standards and documentation.
- Prepare high-level architecture designs for the SSAS/SSRS reporting solutions.
- Provide solutions/approaches for any complex requirements.
- Lead and mentor other IT consultants within the practice and across business units.
- Support and maintain high impact and mission-critical reports and data visualizations.
- Resolve complex incidents using advanced diagnostics skills and knowledge of different platforms and technologies.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer programming or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive experience in the following areas:
- Designing and developing large enterprise business intelligence, analytical and reporting solutions.
- Supporting business analytics, dashboard, ad-hoc and custom reporting environments.
- Conducting detailed data analysis between disparate application and data warehouse environments for developing systems architecture diagrams, data flows and project related documentation in support of complex reporting and data visualization initiatives.
- Using tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PowerPivot, PowerView, PowerBI and/or SAP Business Objects platform, SAP Universe, Web Intelligence (WebI) and Crystal Reports
- Experience in interface development using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or equivalent software.NOTE: Additional experience may substitute year-for-year for the educational requirement.
- Extensive experience working as a solution architect or enterprise architect supporting information technology organizations.
- Experience designing SharePoint internet/intranet sites.
- Working knowledge of LEAN, Agile, and SDLC best practices.
- Working knowledge of change management and release management best practices.
- Working knowledge of TSQL and MDX queries.
- Experience working with relational, dimensional, and columnar modeled data.Supplemental Information
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the required and desirable qualifications described above.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
- A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
- A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
The Office of Financial Management is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, and ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam-era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application process, or who wish to receive this job announcement in an alternative format may call 360-725-0158 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf: 711 Relay.
For questions about this recruitment or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email* email@example.com or call us at (360) 902-0461*. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $79,044.00 - $103,716.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Office of Financial Management
Job Number: 2019-09149
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact