- Position Summary
EMPLOYER PAID PENSION PLAN OF 29.25% OF YOUR ANNUAL SALARY!
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE!
THIS POSITION MAY CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE ONCE A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF QUALIFIED APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED.
Develops and maintains BI platform that serves the decisions making needs of the hospital. Collaborates with decision makers across the hospital to assess data and reporting needs, assists in the building of the necessary data structure, and contribute to the development of reports and dashboards to streamline the decision making process across user levels.
- Job Requirement
Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in finance, computer science, business administration, healthcare management or related field and three (3) years (within the last five years) of professional level experience in business intelligence, statistical modeling, data mining, and/or data analytics.
- Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements
- At least 1 year recent experience with Epic Cogito
- Strong analytical skills with Hospital - Financial, Operational, and Clinical Metrics
- Epic/HFMA/Crowe certifications preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
Analytical techniques, SQL or other structured language; relevant internal databases, business intelligence applications and tools; healthcare operations and codes, health plans and government reimbursement mechanisms to hospitals and physician; principles and practices of organizational and management analysis; function, organization and basic services of the departments to which assigned; federal, state and county laws and regulations related to the health care agency; computer applications related to the work (EPIC, Kaufman Hall, Business Objects Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence); basic data sampling and statistical analysis techniques; project management techniques; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
Analyzing information, situations, problems, policies and procedures; separating problems from symptoms; identifying potential solutions; applying solutions and formulate logical and objective conclusions from data and observations; leveraging knowledge of data needs, data sources and data solution technologies to provide clients with accurate and timely (often real-time) results and analytical reports; carrying assigned project(s) through, from data gathering to completion; maintaining accuracy and focus with attention to detail in fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities; using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines; using Excel, databases, business intelligence and report writing tools; using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, stamina to remain standing for long periods of time, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or an eligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
University Medical Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefits package that leads the market and includes:
- Employer Paid Pension Plan totaling 29.25% of your annual salary!
- Vestment in the pension plan after 5 years of qualifying employment!
- Consolidated Annual Leave (CAL) - CAL is used for personal leave, holidays (eleven scheduled holidays per year), doctor appointments, vacation, and sick days up to 16 consecutive scheduled work hours (short term sick leave), etc. Eligible employees shall accrue CAL at the following rates. Part-time accrual is based on the number of paid benefit hours.
Rate of Accrual per 80 hours worked
Days per year (based on 8-hour day)
0 – 12 months
0-90 days > 3.077 hours*
*Upon completion of the 90th day of employment, the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 12 hours.
91 days – 12 months > 5.2769 hours**
**Upon completion of the twelfth month of employment the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 80 hours.
13 months – 48 months
- Credit Union Eligibility
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health Insurance Plan
- Nevada has no State Income Tax
- No Social Security Deduction
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEVADA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 01What best describes your level of education?
02(Edu) What study major is your degree in?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the Above
03How many years of professional level experience do you have business intelligence, statistical modeling, data mining, and/or data analytics?
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Healthcare Administration
- Other (please specify in your application)
- I don't have a degree
04What best will you describe your experience and qualifications relevant to this position? Select as many as applies.
- 0 to less than 3 years
- 3 to less than 5 years
- 5 to less than 7 years
- 7 to less than 12 years
- 12 years and more
05Are you a current UMC employee?
- Strong analytical skills with Hospital in Financial, Operational, and Clinical Metrics
- At least one year recent (within the last five years) experience with Epic Cogito
- Epic/HFMA/Crowe certifications
- None of the Above
06(All-Req) I understand that my answers to the supplemental questions alone will not qualify me for the position. I must document those experience, level of education, and certifications clearly in the application in order to be qualified.
- Yes, I understand and will include those experience, level of education, and certifications clearly in the application.
Business Intelligence Analyst