Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
BI Developer/ Datawarehouse Developer Sr / Advisor.
***This position is posted as a job family. The compensation and job title will be determined based on the candidate's experience and expertise. *****
Responsible for the development and operational support of Business Intelligence & Analytics products and platforms including but not limited to data warehouse, data visualizations, dashboards, user interfaces and operational reports.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning. Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment. Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- 5 years or more of SQL Server experience - strong SQL skills, query optimization, working with large data volumes
- 4 years or more of experience in data warehouse environment and understanding of warehouse design
- 3 years or more experience with Business Intelligence tools and projects - end-to-end implementation. Must have experience with at least 1 of the following tools SSAS/ Tableau or Cube.
- Strong Customer services skills including verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with DEV Agile team, business customers and other IT departments
- Must embrace learning and working with changing technology
- Ability to assist in the creation of functional and technical specifications.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with JAVA
- Experience with Business Rules Engine - Drools
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with APIs, Web Services, and other integration technologies
- Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; 5 or more years related experience; multi platform experience;, expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support. Multi dimensional required. Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.