Business Intelligence Data Analyst
With more than 60 years as an established, family-owned company, Raymour and Flanigan has grown into the largest furniture retailer in the Northeast with more than 100 showrooms in seven states, and we are continually expanding our territory. We have a strong foundation of experienced IT professionals with expertise in harnessing and maximizing organizational processes and their associated information to solve a wide variety of complex business needs.
Raymour & Flanigan's Core Services department is looking for someone who brings a passion for complex data analysis, and a great team attitude. We are looking for developers who want to seize every opportunity to improve themselves, as well as those around them. So if you are a team player, with a great attitude and a desire to teach, learn and grow, please give us a chance to show you why Raymour & Flanigan is a great place to grow in your career.
As a Business Intelligence Data Analyst at Raymour & Flanigan, you will join the Core Services team and build a rich set of data visualizations, reports, analytics and dashboards that will have a direct impact on the future of the business. You will prioritize analyses, develop tactical approaches and work across teams to deliver strong business results. You will translate business challenges into technical approaches to data analyses which yield actionable direction in diverse retail business domains such as sales, marketing, supply chain, customer experience, and merchandising. You will play a critical role in establishing enterprise-wide governance and utilization of data as an asset.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Partner with stakeholders to define data and Business Intelligence requirements
- Use multiple Business Intelligence tools to extract and visualize data from numerous sources
- Present data insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Set up and manage recurring report schedules
- Contribute to and implement results via concise reporting, visualization and dashboard solutions
Required Skills and Experience
- A good attitude and the energy to match
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2 years experience in a analytics related field
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with data visualization platform (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Development experience with Business Intelligence tools like: Microsoft SQL SSRS, Cognos, Crystal Reports
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Experience with statistical programming languages/frameworks (R, Python)
- Experience with encryption, authentication, SASL and SSL security
- Performance tuning
At Raymour & Flanigan, we recognize and appreciate all of our team members' hard work and dedication. We pride ourselves on being a long term, privately held company that takes care of its associates by recognizing each individual's potential and investing in their future success!
Raymour & Flanigan offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package:
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Training and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous Merchandise Discount
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Specified Disease Insurance
Raymour & Flanigan proudly supports a drug and smoke free work environment.
Raymour & Flanigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.