Business Intelligence Developer will have a strong understanding of Data Warehousing principles, T-SQL coding, Developing ETL Packages/Process and Designing and Developing Reports and Dashboards. Candidate will have good analytical skills and interest in learning cutting edge technology and its implementation in business process to drive better efficiency. Works with third party vendor to resolve production issues and work on process design and implementation. Works with stakeholders to determine business needs. This position will be located in Head Quarter in West Palm Beach.
- BI developer must be able to work on complex business scenarios independently, while also working well in a team environment.
- Develops database and data warehousing solutions by creating new tables, views, triggers, functions, Stored Procedures to read, update or insert data.
- BI developer must also adhere to Change Control procedures, interface with senior management.
- Strong SQL coding experience with performance optimization experience for data queries.
- Ability to develop ETL packages using tools like Azure Data Factory.
- Exposure to other reporting tools SSRS and Power-BI.
- Resolving system bugs, performance issue. Research, relate and recommend technical solutions and relevant software application tools, utilities, environments.
- Ability to complete tasks meeting project plan schedules and deadlines.
- Familiarity with principles of IT project management and IT governance is a plus.
- Understands different data models like normalized, de-normalized, stars, and snowflake models.
- Knowledge of Effects of Indexes and statics on system performance.
- Ability to support production operation with optimum performance, scalability and maximum uptime.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in fast paced, rapidly changing and complex environment
- Ability to learn new skills quickly to make a measurable difference
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 4+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Skills (OLTP / OLAP etc.) and SSMS, Query Analyzer and Execution plans.
- 4+ years’ experience in troubleshooting and data analysis skills.
- 4+ years’ experience in technical Documentation/Confluence skills.
- 4+ years’ experience in optimizing code in T-SQL.
- 2+ years' experience setting up alerts and job to monitor reliable working of processes.
- 2+ years' experience Azure Data studio and Visual code.
- 2+ years' experience in JIRA or other Project Management software.
- 1+ years of hands on experience: With Cloud Technologies AWS or Azure
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- General office environment.
- Frequent walking, standing, stretching, bending.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, usual peripherals, office software and standard safety and office equipment.