|Reference # :||19-07690||Title :||Business Intelligence Specialist Senior|
|Location :||Maryland Heights, MO|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/03/2019 / 12/06/2019|
|Title: Sr Business Intelligence Developer (QlikView/Sense)|
Location: Phoenix, AZ or St Louis, MO during the first 6mths. Based upon their performance, after 6mths, they can work remotely 100%
Duration: 6 - 12 months Contract-to-Hire (based on performance)
Interview Process: 1st, 2nd and 3rd round Zoom interview (panel interviews)
This role is responsible for analyzing business requirements and creating the technical specifications for Business Intelligence (BI) systems to integrate with databases, data warehouses/marts and Data Lake.
The primary focus of the role is blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, rolling out and maintaining BI solutions to Business owners.
Responsibilities also include developing solutions/framework for provisioning data for consumption for self-service by business users who create Qlik applications.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence (BI) architects to gather and document required BI system requirements.
- Translates business requirements into specifications that will be used to develop data objects and/or framework ensuring business smart resource allocation.
- Extracting, transforming and loading data into QlikView/Sense applications (requires data modeling across multiple data sources).
- Work on mashups & deploy Qlik applications on custom portals (.Net applications preferred).
- Utilize Qlik's in-memory data discovery architecture and advocate and communicate adherence to Qlik's best-practices and standards.
- Provide support as required to ensure the data availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members as needed.
- Developing BI solutions in the QlikView/Sense or similar technologies
- Experience in a Data Warehouse environment reporting on dimensions/hierarchies with experience in Star Schema/Snowflake modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables ; Solid experience developing complex Qlik data models.
- Utilizing scripting language to meet complex business requirements.
- Utilizing QlikView Publisher capabilities.
- Extensive use of SQL RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), Data warehouse & Hadoop/Big data systems & performance tuning experience required.
- Extensive use of ETL tools like SSIS/Informatica/Snaplogic etc.
- Require strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with good communication and interpersonal skills are desired.
- Ability to perform and contribute in a strong team environment & to manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred in Computer Science or Information Technology) & at least 7 to 10 years of experience in BI analysis and development.