The Business Logic Management team (BLM) is responsible for defining and driving the transformation and modernization of risk management capabilities across risk technology platforms. Our teams have technical and communication skills that enable them to work with cross-functional teams in various domains across the company including Risk Strategy, Servicing, Product Management, Decision Sciences and Technology. We develop and design logic used in risk management automation that is durable, scalable, easy to deploy and transparent to business strategy partners in real-time and batch environments.
This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
Creates business logic and the associated journeys used in risk capabilities. This role is accountable for understanding and translating business requirements into code. Adheres to design and quality guidelines as defined by BLM and serves as a content expert in their respective use-cases and journey
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Works in a scrum team environment with Scrum Master, Product Owner and peers to develop and deploy logic
- Reports into daily stand-ups noting progress and/or impediments
- Correlates requirements to the impact of logic to cardmembers and performs unit and end-to-end testing
- Solicits and reviews test acceptance criteria and generates UAT data
- Participates and contributes in scrum demo, grooming, and retrospectives
- Attends program increment (PI) planning, collaborates on story pointing and accepts story assignments
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Demonstrated ability digest requirements and translate to executable/logical blocks of programming/language
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and solution skills with the ability to clearly articulate the end product
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in any data query/tools such as SQL, HQL/Hive, SAS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or business/financial discipline
- Experience working in a technical delivery team or coursework/internship as a data developer, analyst or scientist
- Experience in a cross-functional and global environment
- Proficient in Spark, Python, Java, Java Script, C++
- working knowledge of business Rules Management Systems (BRMS) and/or workflow orchestrators such as Pega and JBPM
- Experience working in Agile SAFe environments
- Location:18850 N 56th St, Phoenix, AZ 85050
- Visa Sponsorship:Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.