- Job Title: Business and Market Research Analyst
- Company Name: Med Venture Holdings, LLC
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT (no relocation)
- Position Type: Full Time; Junior-level (this is NOT an I.T. role)
- Please read the job description carefully and only apply if you have the stated experience and technical requirements
Med Venture Holdings evaluates, develops, and invest in medical device technologies, products, and services that improve human health and wellness. We partner with entrepreneurs, doctors, and engineers to improve medical outcomes. The following investments have been led by the managing directors.
Med Venture Holdings is led by a team of healthcare experts in finance, science, technology, operations, regulatory compliance, and intellectual property. At our core we are entrepreneurs, problem-solvers, and company-builders. We partner with physicians, engineers, and business owners to create solutions to unmet market needs.
Med Venture Holdings makes investment decisions driven by fundamental assessment of market, technology, intellectual property, regulatory, and commercial risks. Capitalizing on our investment team's broad skill-set, we invest across the life sciences, including seed and venture financing of development-stage companies, structured debt and royalty deals, and buyouts of developing companies.
Med Venture Holdings takes an active approach to investing, working closely with portfolio companies to help them become value-building enterprises with multiple opportunities for exit. Our investment professionals collaborate with management teams, contribute expertise, and provide support to execute strategy, identify and evaluate business opportunities, and address financial issues.
The Business and Market Research Analyst will provide market insights during due diligence, product development, pricing/reimbursement, and commercialization strategies. The focus is on utilizing multiple data sources and internal operations data. Provide analytical assessment, interpretation, and recommendations of data. Keep appropriate managers and directors abreast of relevant information. To be successful in this role, you will need strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change. The ability to handle multiple projects and collaborating with your co-workers is essential.
- Proactively identify business issues, opportunities, and information needs; analyze complex internal and external data in response to the issues and needs identified and develop the recommendations and conclusions.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables
- Recommending commercial strategy and tactics including market sizing and projection, sales targeting, sales force structuring, packaging, pricing, expense budgets, profit plans and future development of a family of medical device products or like businesses.
- Compilation, maintenance, and enhancement of standard market tracking reports (i.e., market maps, product audit reports, trending and trending studies, etc.) including quality checks, data analyses, and summarizations.
- Ensure reporting cadence is adhered to over time as data and requirements change.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data discrepancy issues with internal and external data sources.
- Perform ad-hoc secondary data requests including gathering information from an appropriate source(s) and performing necessary analytics.
- Possess knowledge of data source availability, integrity and understand fundamental strengths and weaknesses of each source.
- Provide actionable recommendations for market research.
- Conduct basic business analysis and reporting
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting marketing data.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills, decision-making capabilities and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, able to define projects and deliver results with limited oversight
- Must be extremely organized, detailed oriented and work well with and without processes
- Zest for investigation/puzzling together a variety of inputs to deliver a clear point of view
- Demonstrated curiosity in seeking the best solutions to create and/or improve methodology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent business acumen and the ability to utilize analysis for insights and action
- Demonstrated the ability to drive results.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team members and influence team members to use data to drive improvements in organization performance.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid financial analysis/statistical methodology skills preferred.
- Knowledge of market research techniques (study design and analysis).
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with spreadsheet (Excel) and presentation (PowerPoint) software.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Market Research Analyst or similar research role (this is NOT an I.T. or Scientific/Lab Research role)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience demonstrating research/analytical skills.
Biomerics offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation Days; Nine Paid Holidays; 401(k) and ONSITE Employee Fitness Facility
Please, No Recruitment Agency calls or emails(we are not using recruitment services for this or any other roles posted).0