BUSINESS + MARKETING WRITER
BUSINESS WRITING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, review, and understand Request for Proposals (RFP's) and respond in a timely manner.
- Lead project pursuit efforts and proposal kickoff meetings with the technical team, and collaborate with team members across 12 business units and multiple areas of discipline to facilitate content and determine proposal strategy.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information; gathering, writing, and reviewing content; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; and transmitting proposals through necessary production functions with administrative assistance, when available.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions.
- Draft and edit proposals for grammatical errors, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ensure content is compelling, unique, and customized for success through research, interviews, and a persuasive writing style.
- Ensure effective layout of information, working in close collaboration with the graphic design team.
OTHER WRITING + COMMUNICATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Press releases, white papers, and presentation content.
- Marketing material, brochures, handouts, and SOQs.
- Firm descriptions and writing needs for awards, grants, and other projects.
- Proofread and act as a peer editor for other writers.
- Effectively interview key contributors, asking appropriate questions to then translate into a persuasive and compelling output.
- Work closely with marketing, business development, and technical teams to ensure all written information is correct and that materials are of the highest quality.
- Maintain quality by following and maintaining standards for branding, readability, consistency, and tone.
- Participate in educational and professional opportunities to keep current with industry trends.
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, or related field with at least three years' experience directly writing in a professional business setting; experience working in A/E industry preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe AcrobatPro specifically InDesign, Adobe Reader, and BlueBeam for content additions and markups graphic design not required as such functions are handled by graphic design team, but familiarity with InDesign tools is required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment, managing multiple projects, team correspondence, and deadlines at once with solid prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented person with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week.
OTHER HELPFUL QUALIFICATIONS
- Can do attitude that takes ownership in work and continually seeks to improve writing and product to best meet ever evolving client and firm needs.
- Team player that is willing to go above and beyond to advance department and firm efforts while being consistently responsive.
- Highly collaborative individual that is comfortable working with members across multiple offices and disciplines.
- Superb professionalism and down to earth personality that can extract unique and compelling details from team members, creating successful marketing pieces.
- Creative writing style that can effectively connect with target audience while adhering to general style and writing best practices.