This position is responsible for assisting with the community accounting and payroll functions. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Maintain residents and business office files.
- Assist in answering resident billing issues. Also maintain the ancillary charge worksheet on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that move-in deposits and rents are deposited in a timely manner.
- Send monthly delinquent notices and follow collection guidelines.
- Process resident lease renewal letters.
- Ensure that payroll is accurately prepared and reported to the corporate office at the time designated.
- Ensure that accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures are processed timely & accurately.
- Ensure that all proprietary, financial, and resident information is kept confidential.
- Monitor and record petty cash disbursements and reconcile to replenish.
- May assist with concierge and manager on duty coverage.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of the office, its records, and restricted information.
- Understand roll in the safety and disaster plan.
- Attend various community events.
- Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Level of Formal Education: An Associate’s Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Area of Study: Business or Health Administration
Years of Experience: 1+ years of billing or payroll
Type of Experience: Senior housing or long term care environment
Language Skills: English
Technical Competencies: Maintain basic knowledge of computer software and internet applications
Skills and Ability:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.