The MemorialCare Digestive Care Center is expanding our team in adding a per diem (pool) Business Office Clerk-Collections to it’s team. As a Business Office Clerk- Collections you will provide support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provide support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Provider plans and payer contracts
- Patient balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution.
- Effectively and independently handle second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for services after the procedure.
- Possess a strong initiative to set priorities, work independently and get daily work finished and processed.
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with physician offices and patient’s needs expeditiously. Takes messages and transfers calls to other departments when necessary.
- Does pre-registration and makes sure that authorization is obtained from the physician’s office prior to surgery scheduled. Completes necessary paperwork for registration and uses computer system to generate information for surgical/special procedure.
- Maintains log for cancelled appointments.
- Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports, patient information, mailing surveys, preparing patient charts, faxing forms and retrieving faxes as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly surgery scheduling area.
- All scheduled cases are verified as soon as possible.
- Patients with a financial responsibility are contacted immediately and informed of the center’s payment policies as well as offered payment options if necessary.
- All insurance verification and patient calls are clearly documented in the patient’s account.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one years of experience in HIPPA compliance
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as function within a team
- Have a basic knowledge of patient balance resolution, non-patient resolution (insurance resolution), meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals.
- Understanding of insurance contracts and utilizing to ensure payments are correct.
- Flexibility, dependability, and adaptability is a must with the ability to cross train in other areas as needed
- The candidate must be flexible with hours and be able to work which ever shift is to be covered as this is an on call position
EEO StatementWe value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.