The Business Office Manager is a dual role incorporating Human Resources.
The ideal candidate will be detail-orientated and be able to effectively multi-task. Familiarity with Human Resource and skilled nursing facility finances is a plus. This position is responsible for HR administration at the facility, including payroll, new hire orientation, benefits, recruiting etc. Also included, this position is responsible for AR, AP and Resident Trust. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for payroll and time clock processing.
• Orients employees on benefit plans to ensure individuals have an understanding of benefit offerings and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees on plan specifications so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions. Processes required documents through Payroll and Benefits Consultants to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper benefit deductions, changes and terminations.
• Verifies and maintains license certifications, criminal background checks, nurse aide registry checks and recertification.
• Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, occasionally performs phone interviews, and ensures all staffing needs are met.
• Maintains and manages all Worker’s Compensation claims, files, logs and reports.
• Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personnel information in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Complies with company policy and willing to encourage the compliance of others with company policy.
• Tactful and assertive capacity to work with public, particularly where collections are involved.
• Reviews and interprets monthly financial statements.
• Act as a liaison between Resident/responsible party and Department of Human Services case-worker to qualify resident for Medicaid.
• Responsible for collecting past due accounts receivable balances
• Prepare department manager approved invoices for accounts payable processing.
• Responsible for accurate recording of entries to Resident Trust Fund
• Prepares ancillary logs, reconciles vendor invoices to the logs
• PCC knowledge is not required but a plus
• 2 years bookkeeping experience
• 1 year of general human resource experience preferred but not required
• Point Click Care software
• Medicare and Medicaid billing
• Insurance billing
• Types at least 40 WPM, file and organize information.
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Work with and provide care to individuals of a wide range of personality types and maturity levels
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required