At Texas Health Surgery Center Bedford, we put Clinical First™. We are proud to offer quality care, specialized equipment, and advanced technology in a safe, family-friendly environment. Our clinical professionals strive to be among the best providers in the healthcare industry.
We are currently looking for a Business Office Manager to join our team.
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR US:
- We value results more than face-time
- We promote flexible schedules
- Our benefits begin on day one of employment
- We are committed to having a healthy work environment
- We are committed to work-life balance
- Our team members are encouraged to volunteer and work on passion projects
- We host social events and group activities throughout the year
- We promote and encourage self-care
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Business Office team and functions to ensure our operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Responsible for direct supervision of non-medical personnel, including orientation, ongoing coaching and annual evaluations
- Responsible for human resource procedures at Hawthorn Surgery Center
- As a working manager, is the backup to all business office teammates
- Ensures that administrative and accounting procedures are carried out timely and accurately and monitors reports
- Responsible for office supplies and equipment and is main contact for building maintenance items
- Acts as liaison with billing company, building maintenance and housekeeping companies which includes contract evaluation and negotiations
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll and forward to corporate for processing.
- Works closely with Clinical Director so that the flow of the overall operation is most efficient, reporting all activities to the Administrator.
- Works closely with the Administrator to promote the utilization of the Surgery Center.
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation and implementation of the terms of contracts with all third-party payers.
- Answers telephone as needed
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and in operating equipment on an annual basis
- Performs other miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
- Minimum of an Associate degree (Bachelors preferred)
- 5 years of experience in a medically- related environment required- surgery center experience a plus
- Supervisor of non-medical teammates required
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Experience with patient admissions, scheduling, medical office operations desired
- An understanding of how insurance processes work including the verification process required
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications.
- Experience with SharePoint and Survey monkey preferred but not required
- Good communication skills and phone etiquette.
EEO StatementWe value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.