District Office - SWRSD
Southwest Region School District-website
Southwest Region School District - K12 school district with eight (8) schools - 600 students. The position is based in Dillingham.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field preferred.
- A minimum of (3) years experience governmental or public accounting preferred.
- School district financial management experience preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered at the discretion of the District.
- Familiarity with Alaska EED Uniform Chart of Accounts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word and proficiency with iVisions or other fund accounting software.
- Knowledge of all aspects of human resource management as they relate to the business office.
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll, and budget preparation and analysis.
- Organizational ability to meet reporting deadlines as required.
- Hours outside the normal business day will be required at times.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize workflow requirements.
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively in a positive manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Supervisory experience required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains sound fiscal policies and procedure in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations and District policies.
- In cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer, directs all financial services for the District consistent with educational goals set by the regional school board, including payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, students activities accounting, contract bids and awards.
- Monitors revenues and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure compliance with budget constraints as approved by the Board of Education and the Superintendent.
- Attends school board meetings and meets with auditors, Chief Financial Officer, Superintendent, and Board of Education as required.
- In cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer, prepares monthly and annual financial reports to the Board of Education.
- In cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer, prepares annual budget in accordance with educational priorities and requirements, available funds and staff with notice and advice to Superintendent.
- Participates on District-level Leadership team regarding program priorities and policies.
- Able to prioritize tasks and perform under tight deadlines, and with little external supervisory
- Reviews financial reports with directors, principals, and supervisors monthly and prepares budget
- revisions as required.
- Prepares multi-year spreadsheets to track revenue and expenditure trends and provide predictive
- analysis tools.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates Business Office staff.
- Oversees risk management program for the District for students and staff.
- Provides for fiscal tracking and reporting for all Federal and State Grants, CIP Funds, Student
- Activity Funds and Gaming Accounts.
- Monitors and reconciles all bank accounts and trust funds.
- Maintains a computerized financial accounting system that enables compliance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as state and federal reporting requirements.
- In cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer, supervises and monitors the annual district audit and ensures compliance with State and Federal laws, regulations and requirements for audited financial statements.
- Maintains continuous knowledge of all applicable educational compliance requirements and regulatory provisions.
- Attends professional conferences as required.
- Provide training in the area of school finance/business tools to the Board of Education, Community
- School Committee Members, and District Staff, as needed.
- Promote positive, public relations for the school district
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Beginning Salary negotiable depending on experience. Sick leave at the rate of one and one-third (1 1/3) days per month. Seven (7) holidays. Accidental death and dismemberment policy to cover the Employee on authorized travel. Annual leave at the rate of 30 days per year. Health care insurance policy with the same employee contribution rates as provided for the District's certificated staff is available. Life insurance. Annual Dues for a membership in the Alaska Association of School Business Officials (ALASBO) or comparable job related professional association.