Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To optimize the performance of business operations by analyzing current, and forecasting future performance.
Develop skill in and apply various analytical techniques to solve operational issues and support strategic initiatives.
Works under moderate supervision.
- Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc.
- Solve business problems by defining the problem, interviewing stakeholders, identifying and evaluating alternatives, and presenting findings
- Participate in complex interdepartmental initiatives of significant business risk & impact
- Obtain quantitative and qualitative data of business processes to analyze, determine and promote data driven decisions
- Implement new/enhanced products, services and/or operational changes
- Prepare/collaborate on presentations, reports, white papers, etc.
- Interpret results of analysis; present recommendations, alternatives and implications
- Serve on teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business unit &/or across the organization
- Analyze processes and workflows to understand value chain, input/output, to improve and/or automate business performance
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications - All required unless otherwise noted
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Exposure to problem resolution including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues
- Experience in solving routine or standard administrative, operational and/or system problems and issues
- Basic analytical thinking skills to include summarizing information and clearly identifying key elements, patterns, results or relationships
- Exposure to the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and related analytical tools
- Exposure to managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
- Familiarity with data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis and operations research, including statistical methods and modeling
- Basic research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Basic skill interpreting and synthesizing large amounts of information
- Effective skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Experience using Tableu or similar data visualization and/or business intelligence software
- Experience using SQL and SSRS
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Additional hours may be required based upon business needs)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability