Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross is a strong network of volunteers, donors and partners who are always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives. The Northwest Florida Chapter of the American Red Cross has an opening for a Business Operations Coordinator in Pensacola, FL.
This is a part-time, benefits eligible position, working 20 hours per week Monday – Friday.
Business Operations Coordinator
provides transactional support for the operational and administrative functions of the Region, including daily finance transactions, local vendor relationships, facilities management, fleet management, IT, and records/reports. Is the lead system user/trainer for software business applications. Provides operations backup support for the Region in the absence of the COO.Responsibilities:
1. Financial Administrative Support: Provides administrative budget support including expense purchasing and coding. Ensures location processes are established and functioning for all cash and card transactions.
2. Lead System User/Trainer for Business Applications and IT Services: Utilizes appropriate systems and trains staff in their use. Troubleshoots ongoing phone and computer issues for Region. Assists with escalated tech services requests.
3. Facilities/Asset Management Support: Ensures repairs are completed within budget and appropriate system is used to pay vendors. Develops and maintains relationships with vendors supporting each physical location. Obtains proposals for potential new vendors. Provides information/data needed for developing Business Plans for real estate transactions. Is liaison with other sectors for shared facilities/assets .
4. Fleet Management Support: Maintains fleet inventory records. Ensures appropriate and timely maintenance. Files and maintains insurance claims and follow up with estimates/repairs. Is liaison with Fleet Management in other sectors.5. Reception: Manages front desk reception area including phone system, incoming call management, voicemails and volunteer receptionists.
6. Events: Participates in planning events meetings. Maintains insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol.
7. Reports/Data Information: Supports data gathering and preparations for grant writing. Supports responses to internal/external requests for information and/or documentation. Acts as Region point of contact for FOCIS information.
8. Operations SOPs: Develops, maintains and distributes a regional SOP Manual. Provides training to ensure consistent processes/procedures related to operations functions throughout the Region.
9. Volunteer Coordination: Recruits, engages and trains volunteers to assist with daily duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration required. Applicable experience may be applied towards education requirement but must be in addition to years experience required below.
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ financial or facilities administrative support experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members. Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work to maximize team performance and meet customer expectations. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders.
Other: Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
Travel: Based in Pensacola, FL, this position also covers Panama City, FL. Regular travel between two offices is to be expected. Some travel is required throughout the Region. Rarely out-of-region travel may also be required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights