Cisco Meraki is searching for two project managers to join our Business Operations team in San Francisco! Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Headquartered in SF, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China. On top of that, we're on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco's history (and certainly the most fun).
While we have some generous benefits, like our onsite gym with weekly fitness and yoga classes, daily catered lunch, and paid time off to volunteer, what truly makes Meraki special are the people. People at Meraki keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, meaningful, and rewarding.
Are you ready to join the team?
Project Manager Role 1: Country Enablement
You will lead the regional enablement of Meraki, focusing on projects that optimize local operations and scale growth across the world. You will develop and deliver project strategies / plans, manage internal and external partners, and be responsible for executing projects which improve processes across our business.
Project Manager Role 2: New Models
Your projects will focus on process creation and/or improvement, new platform integrations, the enablement of new offers and ways to sell. You are ready to jump into solution design discussions and provide your point of view. You will be responsible for reviewing, implementing and improving processes that help the organization scale and run more efficiently.
- Manage sophisticated projects, and identify risks and issues that may impact success
- Facilitate large, cross-functional team collaboration across the organization
- Learn processes end-to-end, assess impacts to various partners, and understand limitations
- Design and implement processes that are simple to follow, compliant, and fulfill all business requirements
- Communicate changes to affected parties via change management efforts
- Document new and amended processes
- Drive adoption of new processes and standard methodologies
- Analyze data to advise decisions and report on metrics
- Build credible and meaningful relationships across the organization
- Mentor and guide other team members about Project Management
You are an experienced project manager with strong discernment, ready to partner with cross-functional teams to drive large-scale initiatives. The role is highly interdisciplinary and requires strong collaboration with channel and sales, operations, business systems, strategy, product and finance teams. You should be passionate about learning the behind-the-scenes operations of a company - how things work, why they are the way they are, and what the impact is to internal and external audiences. You are always hungry for knowledge and eager to get things done (and done well). To top it off, you are open to change and not afraid of iteration.
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, business process management, or program management
- Experience with implementing business processes and managing sophisticated projects
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation to drive projects
- Energetic, personable, and able to work under tight deadlines across teams
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrates collaboration, project management, and change leadership skills
- Outstanding business communications
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we're challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We're building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone