Atlas Research is seeking a Business Process Re-engineering Lead (BPR) to assist a federal agency with the implementation of a large-scale process redesign and technology implementation solution. The ideal candidate will have expertise and experience working with/for federal agencies as a management consultant to implement high visibility, enterprise-level projects, programs, technologies, and initiatives.
The BPE Lead is responsible for overseeing process redesign teams and ensuring enterprise-wide process (re)design and/or gap/fit process and business requirements integration and alignment with a technology solution. He/she will work closely with and support federal agency clients in the planning and implementation of major process transformation and aligned technology initiatives. The BPR Lead will work with business and technology stakeholders, agile technology developers, testing and supply chain services Subject Matter Experts, federal agency leaders, and the Atlas team to develop and deliver process and change management solutions; support high employee productivity; develop and maintain artifacts and deliverables; manage junior staff; and design, deploy, and maintain the underlying process and change management infrastructure for an aligned technology solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees multiple process redesign/change management teams in a supply chain/logistics or healthcare-related technology implementation
- Manages integrated process teams and guides and assists them through a wide range of organizational and business process improvement and modernization analyses by applying continuous process improvement strategies, methodologies, principles, and modeling in a supply chain/logistics or healthcare-related technology implementation
- Contributes to change management approaches and works with strategy, communications and training experts to drive execution of implementation plans in a supply chain/logistics or healthcare-related technology implementation
- Conducts business analyses and studies; develops hypotheses, needs assessments, current/future state process and technology analyses; coordinates with technology solution requirements teams to ensure alignment; conducts cost/benefit analyses to inform future state business process redesign and quality improvement in a supply chain/logistics or healthcare-related technology implementation
- Facilitates process improvement workshops with senior clients using process mapping and improvement expertise to capture findings. Develops conclusions and strategic recommendations, develops future state process flows, writes reports, and assists with client presentations in a supply chain/logistics or healthcare-related technology setting.
- Provides direction and technical leadership to high priority projects
- Evaluates new developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate alternatives and enhancements to current systems
- Directs, instructs, and reviews the work of other business consultants
- Manages day-to-day interactions with clients and internal Atlas team
- Displays both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Displays leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Provides counseling/coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff.
- Coordinates and communicates with stakeholders as needed to set and manage expectations
- Performs engagement management responsibilities, including project performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review, and client management
- Develops and maintains customer relationships with federal leaders and stakeholders.
- Assists with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials
- Actively participates in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
- Master s degree from an accredited college or university
- 12 years of experience in a professional work environment leading and performing business process redesign engagements in a system implementation. Includes leading teams in managing and improving organizational business processes and aligning business requirements/technical solutions
- Experience working as the BPR lead in a Program Management Office (PMO) implementing a large technology system, and leading supporting staff
- 4+ years of general management consulting experience
- One or more of the following certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), Federal Acquisition Certificate for Program/Project Management (FAC P/PM) (one of three levels), Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certification (one of three levels), Certification of Competency of Business Analysis (CCBA), Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), and International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) certification or equivalent.
- Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and other forms of knowledge transfer
- Ability to work in a tightly integrated team and adjust project goals and deadlines to meet the team's overall objectives
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask across areas
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong proficiency with MS Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship indefinitely
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Experience leading change management teams, developing change management deliverables, and performing change management activities
- Experience with the Federal Enterprise Architecture
- Experience in a DMLSS system functional, process re-design and/or requirements role
- Agile/Scrum certification
- Change Management certification (e.g., Prosci, SPHR)
- Previous experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Previous experience in process engineering in a supply chain engagement
- Previous experience supporting federal health agencies