TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology's FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking Business Process Improvement Specialist to join our growing team in Austin, TX!
The Business Process Improvement Specialist will support the government in evaluating, planning, and implementing improvements in business processes and practices leading to increased efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects to improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction
- Lead and assist on client engagements centered on the planning, implementation and management of process improvement
- Create Value Stream Maps, managing business metrics, developing recommendations for future state processes and implementing process improvements
- Collect and analyze process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost
- Responsible for providing leadership and support to implement continuous improvement and production excellence initiatives
- Evaluate production bottlenecks, develop plans to resolve issues, set and monitor performance goals and streamline operations by introducing state-of-the-art continuous improvement methodologies
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to operations teams and management to achieve business goals and objectives related to continuous
- Provide mentoring and support to managers and supervisors to bring about a cultural change within the company toward the adoption of continuous improvement and production excellence initiatives
- Ensure existing processes maintain a high level of performance while continuously reviewing and refining those processes to make additional improvements
- Actively implement and track all production and maintenance improvements
- Manage projects and implement sustainable solutions that are completed within designated deadlines
- Maintain, compile, analyze, and report metrics of improvement projects
- Collect and analyze information to recommend performance improvement areas
- Facilitate process improvement by engaging appropriate resources in issue identification and resolution
- Communicate, prepare and provide training and reference material to assist users
- Establish a workflow for PI to assessment process and effectiveness of training
- Develop a Change Management system that will control changes to existing processes, procedures and templates and other related documents
- Develop processes supporting client to in migration to the cloud, enabling daily deployments
- Perform a process maturity assessment and provide steps for improvements
- Minimum 10 years’ of work experience
- Strong analytical, oral communication, and technical writing abilities, as well as flexibility and proficiency with computer hardware and software
- Strong understanding of Lean/Continuous Improvement concepts, principles, and practices
- Lean Master or Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt certification or proficiency
- Established expertise in project management methodologies, approaches, and tools
- Must have excellent planning, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to independently manage workload
- Must have experience with proposing new solutions to problems in the areas of their functional expertise
- Must be able to work and analyze both independently and as part of a team
- Must work at all levels of the organization and receive input and coordination of information from various parties, and prepares and presents such information for management review
- Must have experience working with operational and financial processes (claims processing)
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science
- 10+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Ability to obtain Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) clearance
- Austin, TX
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.