This position will be a direct report to the Property and Inventory Control Manager, under the Logistics Support Subdivision at NRF. Position will perform all assigned inventory management functions related to the requisitioning and control of repair parts and general use commodities utilizing commercial and Federal Supply sources of supply in support of planned and emergent site and plant maintenance at the Naval Reactors Facility. Participates in all aspects of inventory control and material management functions, including part record development, placing inventory replenishment requisitions, stockage level adjustments, stock keeping, inventory transaction processing, marking/labeling, reports generation and analysis, and the management of controlled materials, chemicals, shelf life items, and special handling/storage requirements. This position must be able to work with and effectively communicate with peers, functional partners, stakeholders, upper management, and outside organizations in support of program reviews, procurement/requisitioning, inventory management and research of customer material demands. Provide feedback to cognizant requisitioners on technical specifications associated with material procurement. Provide support to site, corporate, and program level initiatives and functions through providing superior quality materials management and customer service. Participates in process improvement initiatives reviewing current processes and initiating improvements to gain efficiencies. Prepares reports to management and customer as needed. Additionally, the position will participate in market research, relationship management, risk management, bench-marking, streamlining and instituting best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience
Experience in supply chain management, inventory control and/or commodities procurement, to include but not limited to, inventory management system updates and data entry, transaction processing, accounting/invoicing, stockage level maintenance/adjustments, demand forecasting, cycle counts, obsolescence/dormancy reviews and annual inventory/financial validations.
Job Preferred Skills
- Working knowledge of the Federal Supply System, including the Naval Supply System, the Defense Logistics Agency, the General Services Administration, and the Global Supply Support System for purchasing and inventory management processes and/or knowledge of Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisitions Regulations (DFAR).
- Experience with purchasing/requisitioning, special handling/storage requirements and the disposition of controlled, sensitive, proprietary and pilfer-able inventory items.
- Experience in the management of shelf life items and chemicals/hazardous materials.
- Working knowledge of Accountable Government Property and/or Government Furnished Equipment/Material management.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Supply System and Commercial off the Shelf product quality/deficiency and shipment discrepancy return for replacement for credit reimbursement process.
- Working knowledge of equipment/material quality control and assurance processes.
- Working knowledge of service contract administration and vendor supplied/managed inventories.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or other relevant certification from the Institute of Supply Management (ISM).
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and/or Certification of Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) from the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS).