Job title:- QA SPECIALIST II
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Develop and implement quality assurance programs, plans, procedures and instructions.
- Work with and assist contractors in developing and implementing quality assurance programs, procedures and instructions.
- Assure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure appropriate criteria is utilized when monitoring, employ consistency in performing observations, and deliver feedback and coaching in both behavioral and technical skills.
- Identify trends and recommend & drive improvement initiatives.
- Measure and monitor the performance of individual contractors to ensure safety and quality are met or exceeded.
- Serve as support for other Project & Contract Management groups in the area of safety and quality.
- Develop and assure implementation of quality assurance programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Quality Assurance and Control group in alignment with the business initiatives set forth by the Distribution Contracting, the T&S/General Services Contracting, Locating/Landscaping groups and the Vegetation Management group.
- Provide short and long term strategic initiatives designed to assure the highest levels of customer services to achieve exelon reliability and customer satisfaction goals.
- Assure quality assurance programs are in place, effective and value added.
- Assure observation and audits are completed, identify trends and issues and formulate strategic training and qualification plans.
- Oversee contractors QA/QC by developing and maintaining an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization.
- Assist QA/QC team in promoting diversity and inclusion and serves as the change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered.
- Interface with other exelon departments and represent the company regarding contractor quality issues.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback regarding performance and operations.
- Facilitate open and honest communication with staff.
- Develop methods to assess communication effectiveness and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business and 5 – 8 years experience in the Quality Assurance / Quality Control fields OR high school diploma and 9 – 12 years experience in the Quality Assurance / Quality Control fields required
- Five (5) years' experience in utility field construction.
- Two (2) years' experience developing procedures
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of Exelon Utility organization.
- Valid driver's license with access to insured vehicle.
- Proven ability to resolve issues independently.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to develop performance indicators and appropriate analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively, and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft office.
- Ability to lead others.