At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our clients, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Our Business Banking segment serves the banking needs of businesses with $1 million to $20 million in revenue. As a Business Relationship Manager (BRM) you will be helping to improve the lives of our clients and the well-being of their businesses through financial solutions, education and advice. The BRM manages a portfolio of business clients by building relationships and providing financial advice with a focus on client experience and risk management. Business Banking is looking for a BRM to develop new business and deepen existing relationships to position Chase as the primary bank for our clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
• Provide the best in client advice and service and develop the relationship to ensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase.
• Acquire, manage, and retain a portfolio of 70 – 90 business clients with annual revenue of $1 - $5 million for your assigned branches; provide deposit and cash management solutions and manage credit opportunities up to approximately $1.5 million.
• Deliver an outstanding experience to Chase business clients by providing comprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of their businesses. Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management to identify, recommend and promote solutions that best serve the client and ensure the profitability of the portfolio. Work within risk parameters that protect the bank. Partner with subject matter experts to enhance existing knowledge and ensure a positive client experience.
• Regularly conduct in-person calls with prospects, centers of influence (COIs), and existing clients at their places of business.
• Build and utilize referral networks and centers of influence to independently identify and pursue potential new business clients, looking for ways to cultivate long-term, primary banking relationships.
• Identify the personal financial goals and needs of business clients; build collaborative relationships with partners across lines of business (Chase Wealth Management, Home Lending, Branch Teams) to connect clients with specialists who can help meet their financial needs.
• Provide leadership by actively supporting your assigned branches.
• Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
• Follow a disciplined relationship development process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects. Consult with manager on strategies, making adjustments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience; direct in-person contact preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
• General knowledge of core business products and services including deposit and cash management.
• Understanding of credit products, credit application process, and potential outcomes.
• Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
• Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Ability to identify opportunities and issues by asking targeted questions to assess current client needs and goals; assess and recommend viable and appropriate solutions for the client.
• Ability to balance needs of clients with associated risks and interests of the firm.
• Ability to determine priorities and maintain a balanced work approach to achieve business objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to own problems on clients’ behalf and follow through with commitments.
• Understanding of general and sound business practices, financial and economic concepts, and how business needs vary by industry/market.
• Strong current business network preferred.
• Highly proficient in MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel occasionally for key business meetings and training