BSAs play a critical role in defining business solutions and place particular emphasis on the following:
1. Root Cause/Problem Definition - BSAs interface with both the business stakeholders and core IT; they improve communication and lead to defining a clearer understanding of the drivers that created the business problem/opportunity.
2. Cost Effectiveness - BSAs are internal consultants whose primary responsibility is to drive the organization to the most efficient and cost effective business decisions.
3. Solution/Protocol - BSAs follow a protocol to elicit and document clear, complete and comprehensive requirements. They evaluate, define, analyze and document business problems collaborating with appropriate partners to lead to the most appropriate business solution. Qualified candidates must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills. They must be quick learners and capable of thinking on their feet. BSAs must analyze and synthesize large amounts of information, much of which may be unfamiliar to them. Customer service skills and working well in a team environment are critical to success. Finally, qualified BSA candidates must be confident and independent thinkers, capable of making solid business system decisions.
" Works on multiple projects as a project team leader, sometimes as a business subject matter expert (SME) in multiple functions.
" Works with enterprise-wide business customers and IT senior management to understand business issues and their environment in order to manage enterprise-wide reporting information support systems.
" Provides functional and technical expertise and direction for the development of complex enterprise-wide information system solutions.
" Establishes relationships with customers, IT colleagues, contractors, vendors and consultants to influence strategic IT initiatives while managing their expectations.
" Coaches team members on problem definition and understanding stakeholder needs.
" Oversees teams to ensure projects remain focused on the solution scope
" Transforms business needs into clearly defined requirements that can feasibly be tested and implemented in a solution.
" Coaches others on performing Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring phase activities including:
1) Identification of stakeholders,
2) Selection of business analysis techniques and the process that will be used to manage requirements and
3) Identification of how to assess the progress of the work across all levels.
" Works with stakeholders and teams to ensure as-is and to-be business processes are documented.
" Leads the development, writing and communication of business requirements documentation and ensures appropriate stakeholder sign-off.
" Drives and oversees the solution selection process and helps identify which solution best fits the business need. Activities can include: vendor product research, RFP development, vendor demonstrations and scenario scripting, vendor selection criteria/scoring methodology.
" Facilitates requirements reviews with all impacted stakeholders including business functions, IT security, IT infrastructure, application support, compliance, legal, and contracting.
" Develops initial budget estimates and resource requirements for solution implementation
" Oversees and consults on system and integration testing activities to ensure system is developed according to defined requirements.
" Oversees user acceptance testing and obtains sign-off from business customers
" Stays abreast of significant change management initiatives, assesses organizational impacts and presents to appropriate leadership.
" Leads other business solutions analysts on team. Mainly responsible for mentoring, training and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
" Actively leads activities to grow and develop the department.
" Leads special committees to continuously improve processes, tools or the organization in general.
" Bachelor's degree in programming, computer science, MIS or equivalent experience.
" CBAP preferred; PMP desired
" Minimum of 6 years of experience leading teams and business solutions analysis projects.
" 5+ years' experience working in the healthcare/medical environment required
" Expert in SDLC; solid understanding in multiple methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
" Solid foundation in project management methodologies
" Expert assessing medium to high complexity solutions and participating in solution selections through RFI/RFP.
" Must be highly skilled and experienced working with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Word
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
" Able to span from big picture to detail levels
" Expertly analyzes problems utilizing logic and systematic processes.
" Works effectively as part of a team and accomplishes goals through collaboration
" Takes initiative and acts without waiting for direction
" Displays a strong sense of urgency
" Projects self-confidence and management presence
" Anticipates customers' needs and meets and/or exceeds expectations
" Capable of influencing without authority
" Strong interpersonal skills; builds rapport and relates well with all kinds of people. Treats everyone with respect.
" Flexibility and adaptability to change and ambiguous situations.
" Proficient in making abstract concepts, issues and information clear and understandable to a wide variety of audiences through a variety of communication formats.
" Manages time and balances multiple priorities
Limited travel may be required: 0-10% during the normal course of business but may be required to travel more frequently during certain events.