TRUEBLUE HAS A BUSINESS STAFF INTERNAL AUDITOR POSITION OPEN IN THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE IN DOWNTOWN TACOMA, WA.
This role will participate in audits of the company’s business-related processes, including testing of systems and applications under the scope of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This is a key role working closely with our information technology team, as well as high levels of interaction with business process owners at each of our components. Our business auditor will have a unique opportunity to influence the design and testing of internal controls over financial reporting.
Are you ready to apply your risk and compliance expertise to a growing public company? Do you have experience working with acquisitive companies? We are seeking an information technology auditor who can apply technical knowledge to evaluate risks and design and execute audit plans across our growing business lines.
TrueBlue was founded on the idea that by connecting people and work, we can help our clients grow their businesses while growing ours. We have grown dramatically over the most recent years, connecting approximately 840,000 people with work each year while serving our clients and we have the ability and capacity to do even more. Today, our ambitious vision is to be the talent solution for the changing world of work. We see great opportunity in growing to be the leading provider of contingent workforce solutions in North America and the recruitment process outsourcing solutions globally. In the last three years, our revenues increased more than 60%, or $1 billion, driven by organic growth and strategic acquisitions. What we do at TrueBlue is simple – we put people to work and change lives.
This is an opportunity for you to join the growth and excitement at TrueBlue. Both our CEO and CFO were former internal auditors which provided them the background and insights into how to design and operate the various business functions and assess risk. At TrueBlue, we recruit strong talent that has potential to grow beyond the role initially hired and into future organizational leaders.
Positions may require up to 20% domestic and 10% international travel.
Personal and Professional Attributes
- Solid ethical behavior and professionalism
- Results driven, seeking challenging assignments
- Possesses a high-degree of interest in further career opportunities within the TrueBlue organization and professional growth.
- Strong risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, working collaboratively with the business and IT process owners to designing controls for new lines of business/acquisitions and/or providing input to remediation plans (as necessary)
- Superior project management skills – you will work through multiple assignments and audit phases during the calendar year and it is paramount that you track and execute on all of your assigned tasks with high quality and timely
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills – you will prepare audit documentation which will be submitted for review to your supervisors and interact with various levels of employees, as well as vendors such as our external auditors, to collect and communicate information.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen sense of professional skepticism – we are seeking a candidate with a proven history of analyzing data and situations to identify anomalies, outliers, and issues
- Willingness to dive deep into the assigned audit area to provide insights and/or solutions/recommendations – our focus is on improving the customer experience and you must be comfortable taking professional risk with the objective of creating value, internally and ultimately externally
Educational & Professional Credentials
- BA/BS degree in accounting
- 5+ years of experience in areas of accounting, auditing and/or process documentation
- Relevant certifications (CPA, CIA) preferred
- Familiarity with COSO 2013 and PCAOB auditing standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
- Data analytics is a plus
TrueBlue provides a competitive compensation and benefits Package including: Company-matching 401(k); Employee Stock Purchase Plan; tuition reimbursement; gym membership reimbursement; college savings fund; and comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.