Business Support Analyst, Business Intelligence (or Sr.)
The incumbent meets the organization’s functional and business reporting needs through the interpretation of business data; processing; analysis; and education. A Sr. BSA would also provide mentoring to develop others in the optimal usage of Institute data.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant professional work experience, inclusive of business analysis and reporting
- Or any relevant combination of education, training, and professional work experience
- To be considered at the Sr. BSA level, applicants must have at least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience to also include successful project management experience
- Experience in Higher Education
- Experience in project management
- Experience with Brio, Oracle OBIEE or comparable enterprise Business Intelligence Tools
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of data warehouse trends and best practices
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements to client’s information technology and applications to meet changing business needs and/or to achieve increased efficiencies.
- Ability to identify, design and implement data to facilitate business analysis and reporting
- Ability to develop and deliver training content to all levels in support of business intelligence or business application environments
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly, analyze complex issues and provide advanced troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate and cooperate effectively with colleagues and users in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
The Business Support Analyst, for Business Intelligence leverages technologies and applications to meet organization’s functional and business reporting needs. The BSA, through the interpretation of business data, processing, analysis and education, is responsible for defining, developing, coordinating and delivering business intelligence training in support of the business community. This position is responsible for continual evaluation and data improvement, configuration, training, upgrade coordination and troubleshooting.
The Senior Business Support Analyst also provides mentoring and helps to develop campus business personnel and other business analysts in the optimal usage of Institute data.