NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 400,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
Are you passionate about applications, end-users and your colleagues? Do you have a desire to improve business processes and application performance? Do you love analysis, solutioning, customer service and influencing strategy and decision-making? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, synergistic team environment? The Business System Analyst position at NVR is just that and more!!
As a Business System Analyst here at NVR, you will contribute your analysis expertise, design, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help us implement and maintain valued-added applications. You will assist in the prioritization of work, adjust applications and business processes – ultimately achieving the anticipated ROI and improving our end-user experiences.
What's in it For You
We understand this is a two-way street – as we are looking for an OUTSTANDING team member, you are looking for a position that will maximize your talents and grow your career. In this role, you will:
- Learn more about design thinking techniques and human-centered design
- Grow your agile skills and help coach your teammates along the way
- Clearly see the impact of your work. You will be held to measurable goals that you help define so you will KNOW how the work you’ve done has an impact
- Share your knowledge – it feels good to share and we want you to feel as good as possible. We want to learn from YOU and grow OUR skills as well
- A great team of colleagues to work with. We really can’t wait for you to join our team and will do whatever we can to help you be successful in this role
- Have ownership voice for the applications you steward
- Help deliver a dream home to a family. You will get to speak to some of our end-users and will know what it means to them to buy a home. We are fortunate to work in this industry!
What You'll Do
A good Business System Analyst is collaborative, organized and detail oriented. These skills will be leveraged in many ways that will have a positive impact on NVR but also yourself. Below is just a summary of the types of functions we will ask you to perform, but in reality, there will be many more –some fun and exciting, some less so, but ultimately they support the greater mission:
- Learn. If you don’t LOVE to learn – quit reading, this job isn’t for you
- Collaborate. While your role is as an individual contributor, you will need to work with other team members in order to get your job done
- Use human-centered design to guide the end-to-end ownership and management of applications and processes to end-users and/or employees
- Utilize an advanced understanding of application functionality to meet end-user needs
- Maintain good stewardship for all mortgage applications
- Work with a cross-functional/cross-department team to understand and validate business strategy and vision, and end-user needs
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps
- Communicate and present information in a non-technical manner
- Prepare the business for the new process/product changes and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk
- Troubleshoot and support ad hoc requests received from colleagues.
What Skills and Experiences are Required
- Empathy – you absolutely must possess this in order to be successful on our team
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and influence business solutions
- Ability to develop relationships with both internal and external team members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for creating best-in-class customer experiences
- Ability to find new perspectives on existing solutions
- Results-driven with the ability to work under pressure; navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving and self-management skills
- Encompass LOS Experience
- 5+ years mortgage industry experience
What Puts you Ahead of the Pack
- Encompass LOS administration experience
- Working knowledge of settlement services and mortgage servicing
- Product management experience
- Reporting and data analysis experience
- Extensive experience with Office 365 and Teams
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we’ll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you’ll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.