Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Business Systems Analyst drives the creation and delivery of value added IT solutions for the Finance, Procurement, People & Organization (P&O) and Real Estate Facilities Securities (REFS) Department.
- Serves as an expert resource and primary point of contact for Finance, Procurement, P&O and REFS departments.
- Facilitates discussions to help the business anticipate future needs and opportunities for business process improvements driven by technology.
- Drives implementation of new IT capabilities, including:
- Document as-is/to-be processes and data relationships/flows
- Interview business partners, run group user requirements sessions
- Design to-be processes and related data flows/conversions
- Develop use cases
- Support development of business cases
- For existing systems, assess requirements/impact of changes, including version upgrades
- Lead authoring of the user requirements and other relevant documents
- Impact assessments for end-to-end implementation, including SOPs/WIs
- Evaluation and selection of solutions, including RFPs
- Support validation of GxP systems and transition to operations
- Supports day-to-day IT operations for the assigned area as needed.
- Provides strong contribution to business leads as they prepare for implementation of new IT capabilities and introduce process changes in the organization.
- Interacts with internal and external subject matter experts to identify industry trends, evaluate their applicability to Novartis Gene Therapies, and provide recommendations to management.
- Establishes a culture of accountability, collaboration, courage and continuous improvement.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master degree in computer sciences, science or comparable education/experience preferred.
- 5 years with Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience in life sciences in business analysis or equivalent role with a Master’s degree.
- Excellent understanding of Finance, Procurement, P&O and REFS processes and systems.
- Knowledge of technology trends and developments in the areas of Finance, Procurement, P&O and REFS IT.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices.
- Knowledge of IT strategy and architectural standards.
- Proven delivery track record in international, distributed organizations.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage in a matrix organization.
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels, including non-technical audiences.
Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels, including non-technical audiences.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.