Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
AveXis is seeking a Business Systems Analyst 2 that will be responsible for the developing, maintaining and ongoing support of all business applications at AveXis facilities. Duties to include ERP troubleshooting; requirements gathering, design, write and test applications; problem reporting; provides detailed specification and follows standard programming procedures; etc. Collaborate with QA to also write software protocols, perform test, execute Software validation documents, record results of executed tests.
- ERP troubleshooting; requirements gathering, design, write and test applications; problem reporting; provides detailed specification and follows standard programming procedures.
- Collaborates with QA to also write software protocols, perform test, execute software validation documents, record results of executed tests.
- Gathers requirement, plans, develops, tests and documents computer programs using standard programming procedures and best practices.
- Design, Develop and implement forms and reports for the presentation of data.
- Perform code review, write software validation protocols and execute/review them.
- Assist in development, configuration and setup changes for RF application (Automation Solutions).
- Develop scripts for the testing of proposed scenarios as well as reported problems.
- Help business through User Acceptance Test (UAT) in getting approval for proposed changes and perform AveXis Change Management Process.
- Document typical day-to-day issues into helpdesk ticketing system and provide appropriate analysis and collaborate with Business teams in providing ERP functional solutions.
- Log steps, recommended solutions, test cases and documents to IT helpdesk ticketing/Knowledge base system.
- Preparation of detailed descriptions and flowcharts of work and functions to clearly portray the procedures involved.
- Maintain/ monitor all ERP scheduled/batch jobs, custom menus, and user security.
- Assist users in the development of reports and other system enhancements.
- Work closely with user-base to identify areas of process improvement and leverage opportunities that improve operational excellence.
- Participate on ERP deployments, upgrades, and implementations of added functionality.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of ERP (preferably QAD or SAP) experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- GMP Experience.
- Working knowledge of the following ERP modules: Distribution, Manufacturing, and Finance.
- Progress/SQL query experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Good oral and written skills.
- SDLC experience.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.