Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip is looking for a Information Systems (IS) business analyst/project lead with a strong ERP application background such as Oracle, SAP or BaaN, who can apply this experience in defining and leading IT projects. The successful candidate will be a member of the Microchip Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) team supporting the worldwide user base in the Order Management and Fulfillment space. The position is at our Chandler headquarters location.
The ability to align strategically and act as an advocate for both IS and the user community is critical to this position. The preferred candidate must be comfortable in a project management role and have the ability to analyze complex situations and implement solutions for a multi-billion dollar company. The individual must be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders when making recommendations on ERP usage and configuration based on best practices and experience.
- Gather and analyze user business requirements and convert into IS solutions using the Baan IVb2 suite of ERP applications and other 3rd party applications
- Assess impacts of mergers and acquisitions and develop integration plans
- Solution development as required (not just working with the development team on issues related to coding to functional specifications), including customizations and functionality extensions
- Monitor production systems to ensure system reliability and robustness
- Integration test new or modified modules to ensure that expectations of design are met and that such changes do not affect existing functionality
- Assist users in testing and resolving issues
- Perform quality assurance testing on developed solutions
- Prepare documentation for moving changes to production
- Adhere to IS change control procedures
- Adhere to Business System team’s internal procedures and documentation standards
- Monitor changes in production and resolve issues
- Document technical development plans for less experienced team members with real time mentoring
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for both technical and functional issues
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience performing implementations in the Order Management and Distributed Planning modules within one or more full life cycle ERP implementations
- Detailed knowledge of Baan IVb2 Sales Order Management, Pricing, Distribution and Logistics table structures, sessions, and related jobs
- Highly skilled at reading and writing sql scripts and Baan IVb2 scripts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience working in a software engineering role or prior experience in a Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Domestic and international travel will occasionally be required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, teamwork, networking skills, and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross team members as well as management
- Must be able to work long hours and varied shifts during critical portions of software development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability/Experience to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent analytical, creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.