The Business/Systems Analyst within the Financial Control Team in Enterprise Applications develops and configures systems specifications that address business or functional requirements primarily within the SAP ERP system. As the key liaison between the Financial Services Department and the Information Services Department, the Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements and translating them into functional system design specifications. Assignments typically include problem definition, evaluation of requirements, and implementation of systems to meet business and user requirements. Revises existing systems and tests functionality to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling and data integrity. Studies the business and information needs of the Financial Services Department to develop appropriate information systems solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Operational System Support and Continuous Improvement
• Identifies issues and potential improvements to existing business processes in the SAP ERP system and prepares solutions to address these issues.
• Performs complex data analysis and troubleshooting of SAP and other systems identify issues and correct root causes
• Manages assigned small and medium-sized projects by applying basic project management skills
2. Systems Upgrade and Implementation
• Manages or executes assigned portions of system upgrade and performs troubleshooting and issues management for those areas using project management techniques
• Develops and communicates functional specifications for any required programming or reporting tasks, serves as primary QA coordinator for developed products
• Tests new functionality to ensure customer requirements and data standards are met.
3. Communication, Collaboration, and Training
• Communicates and collaborates across business teams.
• Develops, publishes, and maintains system documentation according to department standards.
• Develops and delivers training for customers on enhancements or new applications
4. Application Specific Activities
• Maintains a high level of proficiency and knowledge of SAP Financial transactions.
• Maintains a strong understanding of master data, transaction data and table structures for the FI and CO functional areas.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering plus a minimum of four years of experience OR a master’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of direct experience on SAP implementation projects.
• Minimum of 2 years SAP finance solution implementation, including business process design, configuration, testing, go-live, and support.
• Strong and in-depth knowledge of SAP’s Finance module functionality.
• Ability to work independently toward delivery of goals as well as collaborate in team efforts.
• Ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment, identifying a range of problems and developing alternatives and solutions for a broad range of problems.
• Ability to represent the organization on the project and perform in a project leadership role.
• Skill in functional testing and maintenance of system updates, modifications, and configurations.
• Skill in developing and analyzing process and data flows, requirements identification and management.
• Skill in building consensus among stakeholders and colleagues.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent business, functional, technical acumen
• Active secret clearance
• SAP certification
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Professional Development
- Gym Memberships
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- On Site Cafeteria