Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies located in Denton Texas. A business built with a purpose to provide our customers with access to high-quality professional beauty products and exceptional customer service.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert for systems-related process improvements as they are built to scale by partner development teams. Through their partnership with the Merchant and IT teams, they will enable rapid adoption of those systems and process improvements to increase productivity and profitability of the business. Very strong analytical aptitude is required, as is a proven track record of successful systems integration work and a working knowledge of retail-related disciplines (e.g. inventory planning, retail operations, and/or retail finance). This position will partner with Merchandising, Finance, and the Information Systems team to drive change management throughout the company.
“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
Systems-related Merchandising Capabilities Enhancement
- Develop business processes and serve as subject-matter expert for process improvements as they are built to scale by partner development teams
- Dive deep with the Operations teams to develop systems business use cases and feature sets that will enable them to go 'hands of the wheel'
- Develop new tools/solutions and enhancements to existing tools in support of merchandise planning analytics and overall inventory management
- Identify product features and prioritize them with associated benefits and a proposed MVP (Minimum Viable Product Approach).
- Trust but verify by building audit tools that will expose and measure outliers and risks within the planning outputs of our automated systems
- Challenge central teams that own key inputs, such as forecasting and buying, to improve accuracy and drive downstream efficiency
- Create comprehensive business cases as needed that include (SWOT, Pricing, positioning).
- Play an advisory role during the implementation of the product/enhancement and ensure that end delivery aligns with business vision and provides superior customer experience.
- Work with operations to develop strategies that improve customer experience and store operational efficiency
- Monitor and measure capability performance through definition of key metrics and identify continuous improvements that will result in improving revenues and better customer experience.
Driving Rapid Adoption / Change Management
- Enable rapid adoption of the business strategy across the merchandising organization by focusing on the people side of change, providing consultation, measurement, and risk assessment to inform best fit change strategy, enable capability building and growth.
- Execute the merchandising system change strategy and lead Business units through change management programs designed to align people, process, and technology to key organizational shifts.
- Candidate will provide the type of thinking that pushes boundaries, finds what's hidden in plain sight,
- productively questions, and sees to the heart of complex ideas.
- The focus of this role is consultative in nature; leveraging data to measure readiness and develop interventions intended to accelerate the adoption of business objectives. (E.g.JDA implementation)
- Candidate will do this by leveraging data insights from across the team or organization to proactively monitor changes in the environment, assessing progress against internal business goals and confidently consults or advises on the people side of change.
- Then working to engage team members and leaders to actions that enable achieving the business objectives including communications storytelling to drive changes.
- Be the champion for the assigned functional domains and be a guide towards the efficient and cost-effective methods that meets the business goals.
- Evaluates change enablement and communications effectiveness and its impact on business (e.g., measures ROI on business impact through formalized metrics and reporting) and adjusts as needed
- Creates and executes project plans for all change enablement and communications deliverables and escalates any issues or risks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software. Higher level math and logic skills
- JDA systems experience preferred
- 3-5 year in Business; Retail or consumer products experience a plus, but complex analytical experience is the priority
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Clear, concise communication style
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key partners
- Strong skills in selling point of view and persuading other functions to support your program
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules