Position Purpose: The Business Systems Analyst identifies and presents business and technical specifications based on customer and business needs, industry best practices and available technology. Implements processes, systems and applications to meet the company’s business initiatives. Responsible for driving low to moderately complex systems requirements (6 or less participants and/or budget of less than %24200K).
· Consults with management and staff to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
· Communicates the business requirements and technical specifications to the technical/programming department.
· Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business and functional processes.
· Develops, tests, installs, and modifies functional software.
· Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems. Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures. Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
· Consults and coordinates with systems analysts and programmers to design and develop automated business systems.
· Coordinates the implementation of technological functions to customer’s specifications.
· Develops, tracks and manages project plans including goals, strategy, resource scheduling, timelines, and budget.
· Provides end-user application support.
· Analyzes existing systems to determine more efficient processing methods or to identify errors.
· Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests. Reviews requirements, specifications, testing plans, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives.
Develops new SQL queries.
Analyzes existing SQL queries for performance improvements
Creates reports, dashboards, and guided ad hoc reporting.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Finance/Accounting, Business or other technical/analytical field or equivalent experience. Minimum three years analytical and data processing experience. IT experience preferred. Health Care or other applicable industry experience preferred
Intermediate SQL knowledge. Intermediate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) experience.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.