KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Job Title: Business Teacher CTE
Job Title Code: 00870
Salary Grade: TC01-T06 (see Teacher Salary Schedule)
Department: Curriculum & Instruction
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: August 2011 Revised: April 2012
PURPOSE OF JOB: To teach Business and Marketing subjects and to coordinate the co-operative education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a program advisory committee to ensure a quality-Business program.
- Deliver quality program instruction to students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepare course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Administer tests to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
- Perform related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities and student organizations.
- Maintain discipline in classroom.
- Maintain the existing marketing and entrepreneurship curriculum and instructional process; develop and implement appropriate changes and improvements.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with area businesses and agencies to provide students with learning experiences in business related fields.
- Attend district Business meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
- Baccalaureate degree.
- Hold or be eligible for a Missouri Vocational Certificate in Business/Marketing Education.
- Ability and willingness to continually develop, evaluate, and refine curriculum in collaboration with colleagues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Ability to develop a strong working relationship with the business community.
- Ability to foster student leadership development through DECA.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Prior marketing and entrepreneurship education teaching experience
- Prior retail management and/or school store experience
- Knowledge of child labor laws
- Prior DECA chapter advisor experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, lift objects of at least ten pounds. Job requires the employee occasionally to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Visual ability requires mono and color vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of work year: 10-month calendar (185 days)
Benefits: Retirement Programs, Health, and Dental Insurance are provided.
Human Capital Mgmt:
Signed by BH 4/24/12