To ensure Guests are seated at a clean and properly set table within the shortest amount of time possible. To maintain cleanliness of the restroom, perimeter of the building and parking lot. To work with W/Ws and Host/Hostesses to ensure Guests receive excellent service.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Promptly cleans and resets tables after each Guest's departure.
- Offers assistance to Guests by clearing away dishes and glassware, and refills beverages. Maintains cleanliness of restroom, perimeter of building and parking lot.
- Prepares coffee and iced tea to help Team Members serve Guests.
- Assisting with Guest needs as they arise, including but not limited to the below-mentioned cleaning expectations:
- Checks cleanliness of the bus stand from the previous shift and notifies Manager of any problems. Sets up the bus stand, restocks and prepares bus stand for shift change and/or close.
- Checks high chairs and booster seats for cleanliness when resetting tables.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift, including taking out trash as needed. Prepares OTLE and/or close.
- Guest Experience
- Issues around cleanliness and sanitation
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities above
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Cleanliness and sanitation
- Must be able to read menu items
- Must be able to clearly communicate Guest needs to other Team Members (W/W's, door person, bartender or
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise in order to answer telephone and respond to Guest requests
- Must be able to lift and carry sacks, cases, and bus tubs of up to 70 lbs, up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in freezer
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe frequently
- Must be able to stand and walk during entire shift
PASSION FOR THE GUEST - Actively contributes to fun, friendly and engaging service.
- Understands how their role impacts the Guest.
- Displays a caring attitude towards Guests.
- Contributes to the Guest experience through knowledge of job and products.
- Demonstrates a service attitude by providing support to those who are directly serving the Guest.
- Handles special requests in a responsive and positive way.
- Utilizes customer feedback to provide a better Guest experience.
COMMUNICATION - Keeps the lines of communication positive, open and productive.
- Pays close attention to Guests' and coworkers' special requests to ensure accuracy.
- Responds positively to conflict situations and works to find appropriate solutions.
- Keeps interaction positive and productive; avoids conveying negative messages.
- Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential needs and concerns.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others without interrupting.
- Asks thoughtful questions to ensure proper understanding of the message being conveyed.
- Contributes to pre-shift meetings by providing relevant updates and asking appropriate questions.
PASSION & INITIATIVE - Keeps it fun and keeps up with the pace.
- Shows Guests and Team Members that (s)he genuinely enjoys the job.
- Displays passion, energy and pride in doing the job right.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and drive; pushes for quick, yet accurate results.
- Focuses on the way (s)he approaches a task, not just the task itself.
- Takes independent action to improve existing systems and processes.
- Enthusiastically promotes the brand and menu items.
RELIABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY - Works hard and delivers quality results.
- Arrives on time and ready to work dressed in proper dress code
- Attends all required shift meetings and is prepared to contribute.
- Minimizes wastes and costs (e.g., maintains proper rotation of inventory).
- Responds to complaints about food quality issues by owning the situation and solving the problem quickly and properly.
- Uses good judgment and acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE - Knows that anything can and will happen and handles uncertainty in a calm, controlled manner.
- Addresses daily challenges and obstacles with confidence and a positive attitude.
- Easily adjusts to meet changing demands and new responsibilities.
- Prioritizes effectively and multitasks to ensure all tasks are completed by the end of the shift.
- Maintains an even-tempered demeanor even in stressful situations.
- Responds calmly to problems and controls emotional reactions.
- Handles him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION - Fuels an environment where everyone pitches in and gets along.
- Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish goals.
- Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all Team Members.
- Establishes positive and supportive working relationships with all Team Members to maintain a productive environment.
- Takes on additional responsibilities to ensure proper coverage during rush periods.
- Reaches out to Team Members when necessary to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to set an example for new or inexperienced Team Members.