Responsible for setting, cleaning and re-setting all tables in the restaurant. Assist with maintaining high level of overall cleanliness throughout the restaurant inside and outside, including all guest and staff accessible areas. Work alongside service and support staff to provide a great dining experience to restaurant guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Assist in keeping the restaurant stocked and organized throughout the shift.
- Maintain a floor presence whenever possible.
- Ensure all position related items are stocked, including linens, plateware, silverware and glassware.
- Completion of all necessary pre-shift tasks including assistance with floor setup.
- Completion of daily cleaning projects assigned by management.
- Assist servers and server assistants in greeting tables with water and re-watering tables as necessary.
- Assisting servers and server assistants in removing dirty glassware, plateware, silverware, etc. from tables.
- Assist with setting up large tables and private rooms as necessary.
- Clean and reset tables throughout the shift.
- Clean areas and help maintain cleanliness of the restaurant throughout the shift, following proper procedures as instructed by management.
- Complete weekly and monthly cleaning projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work related to job duties: cleaning, stocking, setting and breaking down tables, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in similar position preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate may be required depending upon store location.
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listen to others, ask questions to verify understanding, and use tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork: Look for ways to assist managers and other staff members to ensure guests are provided the best service according to Perry’s Restaurants standards.
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (4-10 hour shifts).
- Ability to frequently carry full service tray without issue.
- Ability to constantly lift up to 50 pounds without issue.