With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.
Because of the business volume, bussers may be used at Hard Rock Cafe. They are directly responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the restaurant, which allows other departments to focus on the guests.
- Clearing dirty tables.
- Resetting tables.
- Sweeping the floor.
- Emptying trash cans.
- Stocking ice/products.
- Maintaining a clean and organized back dock area.
- Pre-bussing tables.
- Having a sense of urgency.
- Assisting and communicating with hosts, servers and other bussers.
- In some Cafes: removing ketchups; refilling guests’ drinks and setting up bar pre- mixes.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency.
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
- Must be at least 19 years old.
- Maintaining a well-groomed appearance (“having a plan”).
- Following all uniform guidelines.
- Practicing all general safety & sanitation standards.
- Recycling products, where possible.
- Maintaining HRC’s 5 core Values and Mission Statement.
- This Cafe may cross-train the Servers and the Bussers. This “Server Assistant” will become a rotated position for the Servers and only used during busy volume Please see the Server job description for details.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).